Buying a new Fabia - time limit on £1000 test drive offer

rqvick

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at buying a new Fabia (replacing my current ageing bottom-spec Fabia). Skoda are offering a £1000 rebate on new cars at the moment, but it's only valid on cars registered before the end of June. I've been looking at a factory order mostly because I'd rather like adaptive cruise control, but obviously a factory order isn't going to come close to arriving in time. I'm prepared to pay the £200-ish extra for the factory option, but not another £1000 on top! I was wondering if those who've got more experience could tell me what the chances of other similar offers being available for the next quarter (or the one after, etc - I'm not in an immediate hurry to buy if it's advantageous to wait) are - is this something that Skoda run regularly? (I'm not taking finance, so the deals like the £2k off on finance don't matter.) If not, I'll probably just get a stock variant, as there are a number with the right engine + trim available.

Thanks!

Welcome.

Is this the new Face Lift Fabia Mk3 which will have a Gasoline Particulate Filter?

Best get a Main Dealer Sales Person or Skoda Customer Services to confirm when a Factory Order can be expected to be delivered in the UK.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Skoda might well be wanting to shift vehicles without the GPF and that have not the WLTP figures before September.

As to offers from Skoda, they happen occasionally when vehicles are not selling well, presently delivery seems to be an issue with order books closing on some engines / drivetrains.

New facelifted 2018 Skoda Fabia arrives at the Geneva Motor Show _ Auto Express.mhtml

Edited by Offski

I was given a 12 week figure for a factory order.

I wasn't aware of the imminent launch of the facelifted version, but you're almost certainly right - this is them trying to shift old cars before deliveries on the new one kick off. I think I'll probably sit tight for the new version in that case - with the option of getting a new one, or picking up any old stock they'll be even more desperate to shift. Thanks!

On 27/05/2018 at 19:17, rqvick said:

Hi everyone,

(I'm not taking finance, so the deals like the £2k off on finance don't matter.)

Why not?

Got my Fabia 2 months ago, and 2k off for finance + 1k off for test drive was a big help.

Paid the PCP off on day 14 so that cost nowt. :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, punyXpress said:

Why not?

Got my Fabia 2 months ago, and 2k off for finance + 1k off for test drive was a big help.

Paid the PCP off on day 14 so that cost nowt. :biggrin:

Haha, yes, I have now discovered that's possible (I was expecting a meaty early repayment penalty!) and that's exactly what I ended up doing. Over £4k off the list price in total!