In uk or not

George1468

4 hours ago, George1468 said:

Update tomorrow will my car be in the uk on a ship still in Port Germany or at dealer?

I hope it's at the dealers for you.................but honestly, how would any of us know that????

I understand that my car is/was on the Thames Highway which docked at Sheerness at 12.21 today. First, I will say that Skoda Live Chat have been wrong before, so it may be on the next boat...or the next...etc

I have no idea how long it will take to get from Sheerness to the dealer. What have others seen in terms of docking and delivery interval time?

I still have not heard from my dealer that the car has been given a confirmed build week, so heaven only knows when I will get to hear anything...I am thinking it will be when they want money.

Thanks guys, what you say sounds consistent with what Skoda UK have said - typically 7-10 days at the docks, 24-48 hours to collect and deliver to the dealer, and 24-48 hours for the dealer to turn the vehicle around and do the admin. So far my dealer has been less than dynamic, but with the smell of money in their nostrils, they move out of 1st gear.

Credit where it is due, I have nothing but praise for Skoda UK Customer Services who have been both receptive and informative throughout the order/build/transport process.

Update from skoda uk today my car should be delivered to the dealer on 7th June she said she will ring me with update on 7th June so she want's to see it all the way till end I think. My dealer said it takes 24 - 48h to pdi it so should have the new car this weekend what's the betting it's not ready because they don't like change overs at weekend