Connectors on MIB2 unit

Does anyone know the function of the coloured connectors on the back of the stereo. All I know is the black one is DAB. The purple one seems to be only on the SIM enabled Columbus model so maybe something to do with that.

Black = DAB

Purple = GSM (phone prep)

Blue = GPS (sat nav)

White = AM/FM radio

Yellow = USB

Grey = Data to the screen

s-l1600.jpg.c76f75184287aaf5a6fbbcd28a13e1c9.jpg

Edited by Dave77

15 minutes ago, Dave77 said:

Does anyone know the function of the coloured connectors on the back of the stereo. All I know is the black one is DAB. The purple one seems to be only on the SIM enabled Columbus model so maybe something to do with that.

Black = DAB

Purple =

Blue =

White =

Yellow =

Grey =

Black = DAB

Blue = GPS (sat nav)

White = AM/FM radio

Yellow = USB

• Like 1

Great cheers! I've updated the first post.

Does the purple one connect to a GSM aerial for use with the in-built SIM slot? I've just fitted the Columbus with SIM to my Octavia but don't have the phone prep. If it's just an aerial I need I might see if I can get one

Edited by Dave77

Cheers, do you have any links to the items you bought?

I'm not convinced I will need the SIM, mainly as I can't really find out what it enables! I'm guessing a data sim would allow you to create a wifi network in the car, not sure what else.

Not the exact same items, but equivalent.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fakra-Radio-Antenna-diversity-Adaptor-adapter-VW-Skoda-RNS-510-Columbus-Amundsen/121845572586 (I needed to shave off some plastic from the Columbus side for this to fit, but there seems to be multiple versions)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fakra-D-Car-Antenna-for-Verizon-AT-T-4G-LTE-Modem-GSM-Cell-Phone-Signal-Booster/391931383305

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DAB-DAB-RADIO-ANTENNA-AERIAL-BLACK-FAKRA-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-RNS510-RNS315/121837829059

There's a lot of topics about it on Superb -side, at least as a Wifi-hotspot - haven't tried if it also works as a standalone phone: 

• Like 1

Thanks. Found the adapter in the UK, 4G antenna's seem to only be available from China

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-Antenna-Aerial-Adapter-For-VW-Seat-Skoda-Fakra-MFD3-RNS-RCD-510-310-315-UK/162065015340

Where did you put the antenna? I'm thinking on the dashboard, might mean having to take the glovebox out again though!

You can get a 12 month pre-paid data SIM from 3. That will keep my kid happy, watching those pesky Youtube Kids toy reviews on long journeys!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CMD4VKC

Edited by Dave77

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2018 at 16:32, pab567 said:

Be careful with these passive Chinese antennas, they generate errors, much better solution are original Skoda antennas mounted inside rear bumper.

Extra effort though! I've just got mine but haven't fitted it yet, what problems do they cause?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 30/05/2018 at 15:20, Dave77 said:

Black = DAB

Blue = GPS (sat nav)

White = AM/FM radio

Yellow = USB

s-l1600.jpg.c76f75184287aaf5a6fbbcd28a13e1c9.jpg

From where can i buy Cable for GSM jack , i saw there is double jack, i have cable with only one jack on the both side.

ScreenShot112.png

1 hour ago, GOrlanda said:

From where can i buy Cable for GSM jack , i saw there is double jack, i have cable with only one jack on the both side.

ScreenShot112.png

20190511_163101.thumb.jpg.79c9df342e022e88fb7a3281edecd87a.jpg

LTE-aerials.jpg.cf64b868859e8258df4fa379ac4dcafe.jpg

genuine aerials from skoda, i have two genuine used working ones if you want to buy them?.... and cabling from ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fakra-aerial-extension-5M-female-to-female-in-car-stereo-antenna-lead-CT27AA154/222961319586?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Aerial-lead-000098713A-New-genuine-VW-part/113410641453?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by JohnnyType2

• 1 year later...

I have to revive this topic.

On 11/07/2018 at 12:25, Dave77 said:

Extra effort though! I've just got mine but haven't fitted it yet, what problems do they cause?

Did you try the passive antennas? I'm also looking towards this solution as I do not want to take the whole car a parat ... again

grafik.png.00979223e5e459b00ae8ff7a14695d5f.png

What is the purple connector on the roof antenna used for?

I thought this is also GSM?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/07/2018 at 12:01, pab567 said:

Original antennas are active, Chinese are passive. Radio is checking current consumption, indicates break in antenna error and therefore does not use them.

Hi,

How do the cables run from the bumper antennas run? Do they go straight from the two phone antennas from the bumper to the back of the double PURPLE connector back of the stereo or does it also require a cable running from the roof antenna?

Indeed, purple is GSM, I beleive it can be used for e-call system.

Cables run stright from the unit to antennas in bumper.

Here is the picture of antennas system for Octavia MY19 from ETKA with 5Q0035507S aerial highlighted:

image.thumb.png.e1d0cd5797ede4cfa415fb75517a6f1f.png

As you can see it is described as TELFON/GNS02/STANDHEIZUNG and is used with listed below options:

NZ0 - Without call feature
NZ3 - ERA Glonass (emergency signal)
NZ4 - Private emergency call system
QV0 - Without TV reception/digital radio reception
QV3 - Digital radio reception
7LM - Vehicle class differentiation -5E0-
7Q0 - Without navigation device
7UF - Navigation system - Standard
7UG - Navigation system - High
9IH - Comfort telephony with WLAN and LTE and wireless charging
9IJ - Comfort telephony with LTE and wireless charging
9ZC - Comfort telephony with exterior antenna and (rSAP)
9M9 - Fuel-fired parking heater with radio remote control

I believe it is used for emergency call systems but would need a car to have it confirmed.

• 1 year later...