Skoda Connect Won't Connect- Android 8

I have just upgraded my LG mobile to Android 8.0.  Ever since it will not connect to Skoda Connect when setup as a Hotspot.  All was working fine beforehand and although limited functionality I did use it.  Does this mean I won't have updates on the SatNav of live traffic jams as I was getting quite used to being told there was traffic on the A-whatever ahead.

Has anyone else found this issue?

I have messaged Skoda UK who have come back via a chat window to tell me that Android 8.0 is not supported yet but that their developers are working on it.  Hmmm.....how long has 8.0 been around, several months!

Great I said.......if only I'd known that before I upgraded this week.  VERY frustrating.

Anyone managed to resolve or work around this?

I have Android 8.1 on my LG Nexus 5X, and it usually connects OK.  I did have issues with the EE network for a long time, but it seems better these days.

I have a Google pixel xl on android 8.1.0 and it seems to be connecting OK, I do see the globe symbol on the header tray atop of the infotainment display. 

But I connect my phone via a USB cable and this I understand takes priority over the Bluetooth connection. 

I had issues with the phone and the cars inability to connect with my last car, a 65 reg sel Estate. Skoda UK was not much use back then and said that they would be sending out updates when they were ready, or had more complaints. 

Since I have traded up to my 67 plate with mirror link working, I don't have any issues to be truthful. I do think that it is poor that skoda are not very proactive with these kind of complaints. 

Iirc I'm sure that I've seen in another thread that connect has to rely on a separate data connection other than the connected phone, I may be wrong? 

I have an s7 edge with older version of android. Not had an issue at all untill the start of the week. Phone and wlan say connected but the globe is red. 

I've tried deleting both from each device and adding it as new connection to no avail. 

I suspect there is an issue with Skoda’s server (see my recent post re Error code 500 - Server Error).  I’ve sent an email to Skoda to ask and will post any reply (unless it sorts itself out in the meantime).  Definitely not a phone issue as neither my home WiFi or O2 mobile WiFi are working properly with the car, despite showing as connected.

16 minutes ago, Falmouthboy said:

I suspect there is an issue with Skoda’s server (see my recent post re Error code 500 - Server Error).  I’ve sent an email to Skoda to ask and will post any reply (unless it sorts itself out in the meantime).  Definitely not a phone issue as neither my home WiFi or O2 mobile WiFi are working properly with the car, despite showing as connected.

Very interesting then. My phone is O2 and never had an issue. Nav seems to pick up traffic well but I may use android auto for journey home tomorrow from Cornwall

50 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Very interesting then. My phone is O2 and never had an issue. Nav seems to pick up traffic well but I may use android auto for journey home tomorrow from Cornwall

My O2 WiFi worked perfectly up until Wednesday, likewise I could connect with my home WiFi when parked in my drive, so definitely either a car of Skoda Server issue - the error code would suggest the latter.

I've managed to "connect" but I'm not properly connected as still have the red globe and no internet.  I've also now got the 500 Server error too. 

I'm guessing it was coincidence that it failed when I updated to Android 8.0.

Come on Skoda sort it out.

One question I asked was how long it's free and was told 3 years. Shame I didn't take a screenshot. 

13 hours ago, LanceyBoy said:

I've managed to "connect" but I'm not properly connected as still have the red globe and no internet.  I've also now got the 500 Server error too. 

I'm guessing it was coincidence that it failed when I updated to Android 8.0.

Come on Skoda sort it out.

One question I asked was how long it's free and was told 3 years. Shame I didn't take a screenshot. 

I was told a year back in Jan - it may have changed though.  Whilst it remains ‘flakey’ I won’t even continue with my O2 mobile WiFi, let alone pay Skoda for the privilege.

As if by magic, all working normally yesterday.  Oh, and an email from Skoda in response to my query apologising for my complaint and asking sor more details of the problem.  Seems left hand and right hand don’t know what they are doing!

• 4 weeks later...

Mine was OK earlier. Just can't auto connect Hotspot under Android 8.0. Annoying.

Interesting that you only get 1 year free. Guy on Skoda chat the other day said it was 3 years. That'll be an interesting conversation. 

On 30/06/2018 at 15:43, LanceyBoy said:

Mine was OK earlier. Just can't auto connect Hotspot under Android 8.0. Annoying.

Interesting that you only get 1 year free. Guy on Skoda chat the other day said it was 3 years. That'll be an interesting conversation. 

Strange that only a year free, seeing as the navigation update is free for the first 3 years. I wonder how they'll try and justify that one:o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Strange that only a year free, seeing as the navigation update is free for the first 3 years. I wonder how they'll try and justify that one:o

I’ve heard that the 3 years free on the nav update has now been removed and it’s not time limited.  I suspect that unless they make Skoda Connect more reliable people won’t be willing to pay for it.  Particularly Amundsen owners as what it can actually ‘do’ is fairly limited.

• Like 2