Octavia VRS 230 (2016) Steering Wheel Alignment

Hi,

Had my Octavia 230 estate since January and on the whole its very good. However....

I noticed after a week that when holding the steering wheel straight the vehicle moved over to the left (and as such to "go" straight I had to hold the wheel slightly to the right). I took it back twice to the Skoda dealer and they said that it was fine and "within tolerances" etc, etc... I even took the service manager out who gave me the "roads are not level" and that "they're all like this"........

After telling them that I still wasn't happy they agreed to pay for it to go to a local tyre centre which had a more sophisticated tracking alignment piece of kit. It showed up to be out, they corrected it as much as they could and it was better. Not completely dead straight, but liveable! 

I then noticed (three weeks later) that it had gone back to how it was originally, but a few days after noticing this, the front left tyre pressure warning came on. I got some air into it and the steering seemed to be better (not as good as when the tracking was done properly, but OK).

It is now back to how it was originally. No tyre pressure warning lights as yet, but im wondering if anyone else has had this issue? 

Is this anything to do with the 19" wheels, or the different steering settings? Or could it be a dodgy front left that keeps going down slowly?

I know that most cars are slightly out, but it is quite annoying, especially on A-roads and motorways.

Any help appreciated!       

Did you buy the car New ?  I bought a new 66 plate Pre FL 230 ( Oct 2016 ) and it all 4 wheels were out from the factory.

Skoda paid for the 4 wheel laser alignment, lane assist calibration.  Every thing is still OK

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Tracking can go just like that.  If you clip a pot hole, or a kerb, that'll do it with ease.  Worse on the lower profiles as there's less give in the tyre wall.  I'd suggest forking out for a Hunter alignment, and it might be worth checking if you have a slow puncture.

Gaz