Fusebox warning

TheRoq

I fitted a dashcam a couple of weeks ago and hardwired it into the fusebox.

I was looking for an ignition switched feed and used fuse 48 for the blind spot detection.

Even though the ignition was switched off, either pulling the fuse or having the dashcam piggybacked on that fuse has reset my blind spot coding.

No error lights came on the dash but I had lots of can bus error codes in the memory.

The CAN gateway must have still been live and I've upset it.

I'm hoping ODIS will be able to reprogram it next week otherwise its a trip back to the dealer.

Be careful when you're pulling fuses out, cars aren't like the old days!

• Thanks 1

I planned to use the wiper fuse but on the edition there is a big fuse for the electric seat blocking it.

I steered clear of airbags and anything sensitive but thought this one would be ok.

Lesson learned!

4 hours ago, TheRoq said:

I planned to use the wiper fuse but on the edition there is a big fuse for the electric seat blocking it.

I steered clear of airbags and anything sensitive but thought this one would be ok.

Lesson learned!

Same problem of the big fuse/module and used 34.

4 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Lower spec does have it's advantages :tongueout:

• Haha 1

Aye I also went with the majority and utilised the rear wiper fuse with a piggyback fuse converter from Halfords, but I made the foolish mistake of removing the side panel completely for easy access, this involved disconnecting the "Airbag switch" when the completed job was finished it then came up with a "Airbag Warning light" after connecting my OBDeleven I easily reset the warning indicator.

but please note to everyone don't disconnect the Airbag switch or you may have to get it reset by the dealership, and this could result in embarrassing  compromising the warranty questions with the dealership afterwards.