Looking to buy VRS

Northy91

Hi all, 

Apologies for what might be a long post, I am looking to purchase VRS in the very near future, with a test drive booked for this sunday. 

I am pretty sure that i want a diesel for the "better economy", i currently drive a 1.2 (110) petrol but feel like i do not really get that much of a decent return in terms of MPG, approx 35-38mpg

My commute is only 7 miles each way, approx 15-30 mins with a mix of speeds between 30-70, on weekends im usually out and about up and down the M62 for one reason or another (Missus always finds something to do) and with the occasional trip for work which is mixed distances.

so i'm wondering should i consider the petrol VRS instead, i am just dubious because i only get 35-38mpg now so think it would end up being worse with a 2L 230/245? Keen to here thoughts. 

i have also been trying to gauge the price i can get from online brokers, I have tried Carwow but cant seem to spec a VRS so have tried broadspeed and they have given an estimated quote of 24k with all the bits i would be looking to get, has anyone had experience with buying through a broker? are the prices they quote generally quite accurate? 

final question i promise, is DCC worth the extra 800 to fork out on, i have never had a "performance" car so im unsure i would ever notice the difference. Is it a night and day experience?

i'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to buying a car but i want to make sure im getting the best deal possible.

1 minute ago, Offski said:

The order books are closed on Octavia vRS petrol or diesel currently.

Brokers are OK, but unless it is a car built someplace at present they are none the wiser on delivery times.

I suppose nobody knows where the order books will be opened up again? Are they closed to make way for the newer cars?

Closed until they are building cars that will have the WLTP test results and that can be sold after September this year.

So it looks like Skoda will have to be giving the info out soon on the specs, and whats what, orders opening and possible delivery times and prices.

eg

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

Have a look in the Octavia section at the threads maybe.

39 minutes ago, Northy91 said:

When we were speaking to the dealer they mentioned that the Karoq is on a six month wait list for the obviously unless they have stock etc 

I got told the same...tho I think that was specifically the 1.5TSI, which VAG basically seems to have none of :blink:

The same issue applys with Skoda, SEAT & Audi as with VW.  This is not like other years and new models / facelifts etc.  

Then there is the VW issue with component shortages after they are not getting away with taking the Mick of suppliers.

Dealership employees are not saying much it appears.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-faces-production-halt-amid-wltp-certification-delays 

I'm in the same position as Northy1. Thought all I had to do was go along to the dealer with a list of specs and sign up. Wrong!

Guess I will just plod along with my 2010 diesel VRS for a while longer then.

There will still be some in the dealer network, but finding one, and finding one that's right for you are different things. If you want specific options or colour you may get lucky, or you may need a factory order.

For example my local dealer had a Quartz Grey manual TDI VRS in the showroom couple of weeks ago.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:15, SimonD316 said:

There will still be some in the dealer network, but finding one, and finding one that's right for you are different things. If you want specific options or colour you may get lucky, or you may need a factory order.

For example my local dealer had a Quartz Grey manual TDI VRS in the showroom couple of weeks ago.

This is true. I've just signed for a 230 petrol manual hatch that was in stock at another dealer as delivery for the my2019 factory builds is currently estimated for early 2019. I had to compromise on the colour and options but decided I'd rather get one now than potentially fork out a lot more for a factory order next year. So if you want one best be quick and be prepared to take what's available