Boot LED lighting

I've fitted some LED boot lights but have noticed when car is on that the light up, only just and only visible in the dark.  Have I just chosen poor quality LEDs or is this the norm.  I'm sure they are the same as the ones I had in my Oct 2 and I didn't have a problem then.

thanks

Edited by ScoutCJB

5 hours ago, Damo said:

I’m guessing he means they are faintly lighting up even when not supposed to be on yes?

Spot on .... that's exactly what I meant :)

On 05/06/2018 at 15:00, daveface said:

Thats tempting .. what was it in real money delivered

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:00, daveface said:

When you are driving along and open the glovebox, do you get boot open warning in the dash?

I have bought similar looking lights from Aliexpress. Works okay, I haven't noticed any lights leakage when closed, I'll check come winter. But when driving and glovebox is opened, the boot-open warning sounds. Everything is fine when glovebox closes again.

4 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

When you are driving along and open the glovebox, do you get boot open warning in the dash?

I have bought similar looking lights from Aliexpress. Works okay, I haven't noticed any lights leakage when closed, I'll check come winter. But when driving and glovebox is opened, the boot-open warning sounds. Everything is fine when glovebox closes again.

:D Yes I did get that! But that was to do with the LED bulb that I had put into the glove box. I swapped the bulb for another one (same as I used in the dome lights) and it resolved the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daveface said:

:D Yes I did get that! But that was to do with the LED bulb that I had put into the glove box. I swapped the bulb for another one (same as I used in the dome lights) and it resolved the issue.

May I ask have you got a link for LED you used for your glovebox and dome light?

Thanks

I am pretty sure my glovebox lights are stock. The whole car appeared to be stock when I got it second hand.

43 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

May I ask have you got a link for LED you used for your glovebox and dome light?

Thanks

I am pretty sure my glovebox lights are stock. The whole car appeared to be stock when I got it second hand.

Sure - I used these from all in interior lights....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-T10-W5W-LED-car-interior-light-cob-marker-lamp-194-501-Silica-Gel-LED-bulbs/32775133424.html

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 05/06/2018 at 15:00, daveface said:

Yes these are good, I just tried them(but from Ebay) and they are really bright.

HOWEVER, when I open any doors in the car when the engine is running, its also showing my boot is opened too. Its like ..flashing/blinking. I took them off, ut the original ones(original housing + W5W leds) and it all works.
Any idea how t ogo around this issue(open boot flashing) ?

I bought these : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-VW-18-SMD-LED-Footwell-Door-Courtesy-Luggage-Light-Golf-Passat-CC-Transporter/371907545737?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I had a similar issue, open the glove box and I would get a warning the boot was open. This turned out to be an issue with led I had put in the glove box. Switched that over and it was fine?! 

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2019 at 07:51, daveface said:

I had a similar issue, open the glove box and I would get a warning the boot was open. This turned out to be an issue with led I had put in the glove box. Switched that over and it was fine?! 

Ye but how to resolve the issue ? I mean theres one more extra component in the OEM lights ...It looks like a diode or something. I think this is why its causing this weird behaviour. Its only in the boot/glovebox. Little black thing