Sat Nav is rubbish!

Jacksdad

When ordering the recent Octavia in 2014, didn't choose built-in SatNav, the resolution of the screen was... Have used the TomTom all over continental Europe, it is not perfect, odd routings sometimes.

The new Karoq will have Amundsen, in my opinion the Columbus is not worth of the price. If the Amundsen doesn't solve the routings then Android Auto using Waze or Google Maps. Then we have the Joker, the old TomTom 6200. However, if we are lost, we can only blame ourselves.

Be careful when programming waze. When programming quickest route it may well take you down single farm tracks. Last time I used it in wales, I was behind a horse fore two miles before being able to pass safely.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Livrishind said:

Be careful when programming waze. When programming quickest route it may well take you down single farm tracks. Last time I used it in wales, I was behind a horse fore two miles before being able to pass safely.

Can't actually see a "quickest route" setting in Waze but thanks for the tip. Can see "Unpaved roads - Don' t allow" set to on. TBF never had an issue with Waze and it's my preference over Google Maps