first long run in Karoq

jimmer72

Hi

I haven't done a long trip yet but I also can't believe how much better it feels in every department than my Qashqai and for a similar price.  Up until now I had loved the Qashqai but now blown away by this car.  Only thing is that when you reverse I can't get the front sensors to bleep when swinging near to an obstacle although it shows on the screen - is there a way to switch this on? (I do miss the 360 degree camera view though!).  Really pleased with the Karoq though and feels like a limo when cruising along.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marchincus said:

Hi

I haven't done a long trip yet but I also can't believe how much better it feels in every department than my Qashqai and for a similar price.  Up until now I had loved the Qashqai but now blown away by this car.  Only thing is that when you reverse I can't get the front sensors to bleep when swinging near to an obstacle although it shows on the screen - is there a way to switch this on? (I do miss the 360 degree camera view though!).  Really pleased with the Karoq though and feels like a limo when cruising along.

I've come from the same car and feel the same about the good stuff. 

I also noticed the same about the front sensors, they will go off but you have to get really close! You also have a setting to turn off the sound in the park assist and I had turned mine off accidentally too

3 hours ago, jimmer69 said:

Hi everyone, just returned from a long weekend in Plymouth, a round trip of 360 miles and the car lived up to my expectations. Drove M5 to Exeter then A38 to Plymouth. The 1.5 was super-smooth & the DSG gear changes were seamless. Averaged 46 mpg for the trip & was doing 75-80 most of the way so I'm happy with this fuel consumption given that it's only done 1500 miles to date and I'm guessing this figure will improve as the engine loosens up. Anyone looking at ordering the Karoq can rest assured that it's everything it's cracked up to be so I'm pleased I chose it over another Qashqai

Thanks for sharing! What trim did you go for? 

Hi.  Recent trip to NEC on Sunday about 230 miles round trip.  Avarged 45mpg  doing steady 70mph,  1.5 petrol edition with DSG.  1200 miles on t(e clock.  My 2ltr octiva in the fuel of the devil again DSG used to average 60mpg at same speeds So I don’t expect the Karoq to match it, but hope it gets a little better. 

10 hours ago, IceyLady said:

Thanks for sharing! What trim did you go for? 

SE-Technology, it's got all I need. I've still to work out all the tech

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmer69 said:

SE-Technology, it's got all I need. I've still to work out all the tech

I also found the SE Tech to have all the kit I needed, Everything (except Leather) that my Octavia Elegance had and more (ACC & front parking sensors).

Also found the 1.5 cruises very smoothly at around 75-80mph and very low revs as well.

I recently did a trip up to Scotland and back in a Sel 1.5 tsi manual, love the way it cruised on the motorway, sometimes forget how quickly you’re going, averaged around 41/42 mpg with a fully loaded boot on around 800 mile round trip. 

18 hours ago, Marchincus said:

Hi

Interesting comments... I have a new Superb, but the Mrs had a 2015 Rapid Spaceback SE Sport from new which was replaced in January by a Qashqai, we tried to order a Karoq but the order books were not opened when we needed to order, Ended up going for a new 2018 N-Connecta model with glass roof.  Its an ok car, the infotainment system is rubbish though...   Im expecting we will have a Karoq by the end of next year though !