Heko window rain deflectors

YBR1

Hi folks. Just fitted some HEKO window rain deflectors to my 5 door colour edition.  The fitting instructions are absolute rubbish and in particular the fitting of the plastic securing clips that secure the deflector to the window channel. A mate who is an ex-technician has also had a look at it and agrees that the instructions are rubbish and has fitted the clips however, they don't seem very secure. Has anyone else fitted this brand and what are their experiences. Be grateful for any advice you can give, are there any other suitable fixing methods that have worked for you guys? Thanks

I fitted a set to the mk3 Fabia..clips just about o.k. ...on getting the Rapid fitted a set & the clips were next to useless ! Do keep the windows closed for at least 24 hrs & another thing for what the extra cost would be to include  another 4 clips, MIGHT be to every ones advantage !

Thanks Guys for all your responses. Think I am going to remove clips at the weekend and secure it with some double sided sticky tape. The clips don't inspire confidence and look a mess when fitted. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

As a new owner of Citigo (5 door), I recently fitted 'Climair' front side window deflectors.  Nice quality (German made) and they fitted within minutes with no clips or tape.  Obtained via EuroCarParts - part number 953661121 for the 5 door front windows. (note : there is a different part no. for the three door).

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Citigo_1.0_2015/p/car-parts/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/exterior-accessories/wind-deflector/?953661121&1&24b78b14e4ca0400893290fca545bd3bb574a0e7&001475

For those of you considering fitting it could be worth comparing Climair against the Heko brand before you decide.