Front Grill Trim Replacement?

Is it possible to remove the chrome trim around the front grill and replace it with a black one like you get on the black pack?, if so is it hard to do and how much does a replacement black trim cost?

As i much prefer the look of the black to the chrome trim but finding it hard getting a vRS that is petrol and the colour, millage, year and alloys i want all in the one car 

Yes it is possible to remove the trim around the grille and you are right I think the black trim looks alot better than the chrome version.

A replacement one is about £45.

Is it easy to do?... Well yes and no, it takes a bit of bravery and some swearing but in effect you need to break the old chrome one to remove it. Fitting the new black one is a 2 minute job :thumbup:

If you cant be arsed taking the bumper off dont be afraid to break a few eggs!

The bumper off is a PITA (for vRS anyway), as its jacked up both sides wheels off inner arches off two almost innaccessible screwws and an hour and a half later. you can get access to all the clips.

I didnt bother first time round.

large.grill_surround02.jpg.f54f2f918e57d7d1a61da328000580e5.jpglarge.grill_surround01.jpg.188c221a5dfe9302ed4aabfc2ce27d52.jpglarge.grill_surround03.jpg.c593b4bd3793c17a3b0c948ea49ec2a1.jpglarge.grill_surround04.jpg.85f84f866327e47c28fe5058add2429c.jpg

i changed the full grill at a later date and looks like this...

headon.jpg.36913402acc92ee17c2dd6612a2238f6.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2

Just the black trim

Having mine wrapped at weekend for £40, but if a black trim was only going to be £45 I’d probably replace it instead.

They are about £56 from Superskoda and then delivery on top

I painted mine satin black with a can of Hammerite smooth I had lying around in the garage.  I too couldn't be bothered stripping it all down so I painted it on the car - 20 mins to cover the car with some plastic dust sheets and mask all the grill to ensure no overspray etc just seemed a lot easier :D

Edited by ScoutCJB

I have a black trim, used but in good condition, just taken off the old grille I have replaced (bumpoer off and plastic weld in the new grille) - offers accepted just wondering hoiw to send it though, as it is large and easily broken during transit, postage and packaging may be quite expensive as it will need a lot of protection against being damaged

Got one from my local dealer, with Briskoda discount for £42.50 

Pick it up Saturday

Then, it’s be brave and break the chrome one off! 

22 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Does it look alright though if you spray it?, i though the the £45 was for a replacement black one

Its good enough for me ... I painted the grills the same way on my Vec GSi, Audi A4 Quattro, and 3 Skoda Scouts (and the Wife's Cooper S).  On all but my Oct 3 I did remove prior to painting but on this it just seemed too much of a ball ache.

I also prefer the Satin over Gloss as it better suits the black trim of the Scout imo.

Edited by ScoutCJB