Badly scored disc

Stakeknife

New yeti owner here (4weeks in).  Just seen state of my nearside disc. Looks like it needs replacing (only 6k miles). I'm guessing some grit or something has got in there but could there be anything else that could cause it? 

Can feel it with my finger nail, and the pic was taken after a drive so it's not watermarks from being stood. 

Cheers. 

20180608_140646.jpg

Interesting. I had three Yeti and no issues with the first two. The third, at the 18K service, looked similar to yours. I had a strong suspicion that there was a change in the materials I seem to remember on a number of occasions that the brakes sort of such on and a reversed off my drive , then suddenly released. I took little notice at the time but I did wonder that this might have precipitated the issue problem I had and  you now describe.

?

New and 4 weeks in,

but when was it built and first registered. 

Likely the pads were pretty rusty if the car has sat long enough and had the odd Italian Tune up.

Best see how they go with a bit of use now you have it.

Registered last July.  

The discs were spotless when I bought the car and were fine last week (around 600miles in now) ,I've got a pic of that wheel about a week or so ago that I was using for photoshopping  black origamis. 

The disc is clean but wavey, quite remarkable really. 

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. Skoda reckon it was caused by stones so not covered. 

If it was less than 6months they would have changed it for free. 

Believe able or not its still a bit unfortunate. 

Nevermind.

Edited by Stakeknife