Engine oil recommendations for 1.2 TSI

Hi all,

What engine oil is recommended for a 1.2TSi 13 reg please?  Need a top up only for the moment as service not due, but got a 200 mile motorway trip this week, and mid way on the dipstick so wanting to fill up.  Only got diesel brands in shed from my previous car ... would this do any harm or best getting something else?

You will need to check to see if the oil you are planning on using meets the criteria Skoda (OR VW) Set for the model. Usually it will say something like 501.00.07 so match that to the oil you want. Many live Castrol Edge, others buy Asda own label but get the correct number and viscosity and it should be fine. I often use Petronas from Euro, if its on offer but my next fill will be Castrol as Tesco had it half price a month or so ago and i purchased in preparation. (Mine is a 1.4 diesel).

Do not put Diesel oil in a TSI unless it meets VW 507 00,   

Which means 5w 30 FS Long Life oil is ok,  it being VW504 / 507.     Oil for Diesel engines and petrol engines.

So VW 502 00 which will be 5w 40 Full Synthetic is OK.   From ASDA will be good.   

or VW 504 00 so 5w 30 FS LL which a Main Dealer will have used.

That last one may be the same as the Castrol Edge... (LL).

Just pointing out, euro carports are having a flash sale. 50% off. They do use higher rates rather then so heavily discounted prices to start with so clever checking is needed... I just ordered a Bosch air filter and it cost less then a fiver, with free delivery! Might check the price of a fuel filter as i had the other pollen and oil ones... I prefer Bosch so I have a level playing field, when pricing one seller to another.

Checked.... Fuel filter coming in at £11.99 for my version. Bargain.  Code (flash50) ends at 9PM.

Edited by mrgf