First experience - not good

rykard

Hi,

we've Just been to test drive a 1.4tsi kodiaq. Unfortunately even though it was arranged last week, we weren't expected and the car wasn't available...

mrs totally ****ed off. We had rearranged the whole weekend to fit this test drive in. Arghhh

not the best first impression.

I will be calling tomorrow to hopefully rearrange the test drive.

if it had gone well we were happy to put an order in today.

Rich

20 hours ago, rykard said:

Hi,

we've Just been to test drive a 1.4tsi kodiaq. Unfortunately even though it was arranged last week, we weren't expected and the car wasn't available...

mrs totally ****ed off. We had rearranged the whole weekend to fit this test drive in. Arghhh

not the best first impression.

I will be calling tomorrow to hopefully rearrange the test drive.

if it had gone well we were happy to put an order in today.

Rich

Which dealer did you visit?

I didn't realise the odealer on Groby Rd is Sandicliffe now - are you buying a new car, if so have you tried sites like carwow, carkeys etc?

Used to have a great dealer in Mountsorrel called Albar Autos until Skoda decided the showroom and facilities were not flashy enough.

Good luck!

John

On 6/11/2018 at 22:21, rykard said:

we're looking for new,. going through carwow atm, i hadn't seen carkeys.

any help?

not had a chance to look at carkeys yet. I am having a few communication issues with the groby road dealer atm. was expecting a call back today before 17:00 and got one at 17:59 when I was unable to take the call...

12 hours ago, rykard said:

not had a chance to look at carkeys yet. I am having a few communication issues with the groby road dealer atm. was expecting a call back today before 17:00 and got one at 17:59 when I was unable to take the call...

I must admit I wouldn't have the patience as that's the 2nd time they have messed you around. You know the saying, once bitten, twice shy............................

I think albar autos now loughborough kia were so fantastic i would get an stonic or sportage from them.

Edited by Guest

we are really stuck with petrol due to the type of driving we do. We would have out an order in last week if we had liked the car after the test drive. TBH I am getting so racked off with it that I am really thinking of shelving it all till later in the year. Though annoyingly I have started to see more and more Bears around, 4 on my 3 mile drive into work this morning - including a nice petrol? blue scout in the car park i am using today.. grrrr

We're also going to the 4x4 and PickUp show at the weekend at Stoneleigh so can see what is around there to tempt us..

Does anyone know the cutoff for selling the pre wltp vehicles? or are they just going to re-engine them all?

Edited by rykard

3 minutes ago, rykard said:

it's Grimsby ...

ok but it might be worth going the extra distance, I guess they came from Grimsby to Stanford Hall.....

Westgate was great but recently got taken over by DM Keith. Having bought several new car bargains there previously, I'm yet to be convinced by the new regime.

My current motor was £1000 cheaper at Westgate than anywhere else. It was worth driving to Grimsby.

Edited by camelspyyder

is there a dealer 'close' to Leicester that is recommended?

Carwow is Leicester or Boston?  but there are Derby and Coventry dealers too..

as an aside we are now booked in for Sunday morning. Is there anything specific i should be looking for?

would be willing to travel to save a few bucks, but Leicester is a mile from home...

if they mess us around we will be talking to other dealers.

I went into our local Skoda dealer yesterday and was told that if we order within the next 4-5 weeks for a SE-L 1.5 Petrol in Emerald Green we would  have to wait till November but it would be the 2019 spec with new dash etc.

Didn't really go into much detail as my wife wasn't with me so thought we would go into exact price etc next time. He did say the paint would be more expensive though. As for spec he mentioned the new digital speedo.

1 hour ago, Sockman said:

Didn't really go into much detail as my wife wasn't with me so thought we would go into exact price etc next time. He did say the paint would be more expensive though. As for spec he mentioned the new digital speedo.

With a username like sockman I thought you might live near Loughborough !!