[GONE] Breaking a 2004 black magic 1U Octavia vRS

Mankee

***Shell now gone but some items remain***

I'm reaching the end of my journey breaking my 2004 black magic Octavia vRS (:crying:) and getting close to sending the shell away for scrap. Still have various bits and pieces left, mainly small interior parts, a few fittings, not many mechanicals...

These are some of the bits left. If you can't see something you want, post up and ask. Location for the bigger bits is near Ipswich, Suffolk.

• Driver's door mirror
  • All four door cards
  • Front lights, rear lights
  • AUQ engine cover with the Skoda and vRS badges
  • 1x N/S upper gearbox mount that I bought brand new from VAG, covered under 15k miles
  • Part of the engine loom with lambda wiring and relays
  • ECU with R-Tech "stage 2" map, clocks, ignition barrel and switch, 2 keys, CCM, driver's door lock and boot lock
  • Slam panel, radiator, condenser, fan pack
  • Parcel shelf
  • Front grille and surround
  • Hatchback boot spoiler
  • Set of 16" steelies and winter tyres
  • EHA gearbox
  • AUQ long block, not from this car, but which I bought as a spare to put steel rods into
  • DBZ gearbox, again not from this car, but bought as spare for LSD'ing
  • Couple of starter motors
  • Front and rear subframes with hubs
  • Indicator and wiper stalks and airbag clock spring
Edited by Mankee

• 2 weeks later...

do you have the clips that hold the centre plastic trim at the very end of the headliner, right above the rear passengers heads in the middle?  Have a look at the picture attached.

They should look something like that: http://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/skoda-plastic-trim-clips-for-headlining-roof-lining-pillars-interior-trim.html

clipps.jpg

I've not disturbed the headlining so I will quite likely have those clips. However, I'll probably break them by removing them and £2.49 for 10 of them according to your link, you might as well buy new ones!

I do indeed. I actually started a thread just for the steelies ages ago. They still have the winter tyres fitted, in size 205/55R16. After £60 for just the wheels. Or if you want them with the winters, I shall have a think. I was only in Malvern the other day. Doh! Thread is below:

11 hours ago, Mankee said:

I've not disturbed the headlining so I will quite likely have those clips. However, I'll probably break them by removing them and £2.49 for 10 of them according to your link, you might as well buy new ones!

Funny thing... I have bought them twice from different places but they dont fit, apparently they are too big, also apparently the original product code no longer exists anywhere. Hence the question if you have them

12 hours ago, theo_k said:

Funny thing... I have bought them twice from different places but they dont fit, apparently they are too big, also apparently the original product code no longer exists anywhere. Hence the question if you have them

That's fair enough. I'll have a butchers for you and get back to you on Saturday 30th. Is it any of the items in the attached picture, by the way?

Image1.jpg

3 hours ago, Mankee said:

That's fair enough. I'll have a butchers for you and get back to you on Saturday 30th. Is it any of the items in the attached picture, by the way?

Image1.jpg

Thanks mate. It is 34.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi do you still have the front bumper available? Thank you

On 6/11/2018 at 11:29, Mankee said:

I'm reaching the end of my journey breaking my 2004 black magic Octavia vRS (:crying:) and getting close to sending the shell away for scrap. Still have various bits and pieces left, mainly small interior parts, a few fittings, not many mechanicals...

These are some of the bits left. If you can't see something you want, post up and ask. Location for the bigger bits is near Ipswich, Suffolk.

• Both front doors and rear passenger door
  • Possibly front bumper
  • Both exterior mirrors
  • All four door cards
  • Front lights, rear lights, indicators
  • AUQ engine cover with the Skoda and vRS badges
  • 1x N/S upper gearbox mount that I bought brand new from VAG, covered under 15k miles
  • Part of the engine loom with injectors and coil pack wiring
  • Slam panel, radiator, condenser, fan pack
  • Parcel shelf
  • Front grille and surround
  • Set of 16" steelies and winter tyres
  • EHA gearbox
  • AUQ long block, not from this car, but which I bought as a spare to put steel rods into
  • DBZ and ENJ gearboxes, again not from this car, but bought as spares for LSD'ing
  • Couple of starter motors
  • Battery tray and box
  • Front and rear subframes with hubs
  • Steering wheel and air bag
  • vRS gear lever gaitor
  • Indicator and wiper stalks and airbag clock spring
  • Headlight switch panel

It sure is. It's not been cleaned, is stone-chipped and has a few scrapes at the very bottom, but is otherwise undamaged. The plastic trim is there, as is the main grille and also the two little grilles on the side covering the temp sensor and tow hook. I'm actually in the Midlands this weekend, just off the A1 near Cottesmore if you want me to bring it up? Terrible photo attached.

DSCF4259.JPG

Good effort! How did you manage that? Front bumper now gone unfortunately but I do still have the box. Currently listed on eBay at £130, but make me an offer for it. Full details are in my listing below. I listed it as "For parts or not working" but I would have happily carried on using it if I didn't end up breaking the car for another reason. What's your location?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113093000207

• Administrators

Mankee, wouldn't happen to have these would you? TPS doesn't do them anymore and the knocking is driving me insane haha.

Hi Dean. I think I must have them but I've removed the complete front panel, radiator and air con condenser pack as one so I've not even dismantled the rad from its mounts. In any case, I have feeling mine are shot anyway. Sorry!