Feedback

My thanks to all those who responded to my posts on transmission oil and mapping, very helpful and insightful. Here is my feedback, the change in the transmission oil has made gear changes very smooth, a great improvement. The remap to 165bhp has made the car a joy to drive simply wonderful. I agree with those who recommended upgrading the brakes, I do believe this is something I should do given the improved performance and I also think up-rated suspension would not go amiss even though I only use the extra power in short bursts. What has been a wonderful car for the past 11 years has just got better and I have no intention of getting rid of it because I do not believe a better engine exists without paying out oodles of money on repairs, insurance, road tax, fuel etc Thank you all for your input.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That seems to be the consensus Yaris am having trouble sourcing second hand Octavia Mk1 calipers and carriers for the front. The remap was carried out by Quantum in Glasgow.

On 7/3/2018 at 09:53, Boatman1 said:

Bought Audi TT MK1 calipers and 312mm discs this morning for £83

Hope you got the carriers too.

I recommend a rear anti roll bar, Improves handing massively. (Reduces understeer).

If you have the coin a set of Bilsteins or BC coilovers will transform the handling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gt4 had this conversation on another thread, the consensus seems to be that an anti roll bar reduces grip and independence in the rear wheels albeit when the car is being driven hard into corners am going for the B12 setup without the RARB. I did get the carriers but thanks for the advice.

RARB imo is the best handling modification to the Fabia. When the clamps broke on mine and I had to take it off while waiting for new clamps to arrive, the difference in handling was very noticeable, and I had coilovers and a LSD.