MFSW retrofit and airbag

Greetings,

I have a late 2011 Skoda Fabia 2 face lift 1.6 TDI that came with the standard steering wheel. Recently i got my hands on a multi-function steering wheel from a Skoda Rapid with a part number : 5L0 419 091 G MCR   ( 308906999AWJ-AA) and i want to fit this bad boy on my Fabia. 

I am really bad at DIY when it comes to cars so i have no idea how to do it apart of the obvious part (removing the bolt and changing the wheel). So my first question is - Is my airbag going to fit in the new style cover or i need to purchase a new cover and airbag and if this is the case which one must i get in order for the steering wheel control module to recognize it (after all airbag is important lol) and second question ... what must i do to make the buttons work ( Part number 362502    /  (307764415AWJ-AB). 

Thanks fellow Skoda lovers !!! 

DSC_1713.JPG

This will need the new style airbag. If you got a MFSW from an Octavia/Superb with the same style as your current one, the airbag would fit directly.

Regards the technical side of things, Eddie-NL is the guy to, he retrofitted a MFSW into my wife's Fabia, and I know several others on here used him. This is the link to the guide that he sent me in case I wanted to attempt it myself, which I shied away from:

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54171&hilit=polo+mfsw

There is more information on the forum if you do a search. ;)

18 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

This will need the new style airbag. If you got a MFSW from an Octavia/Superb with the same style as your current one, the airbag would fit directly.

Regards the technical side of things, Eddie-NL is the guy to, he retrofitted a MFSW into my wife's Fabia, and I know several others on here used him. This is the link to the guide that he sent me in case I wanted to attempt it myself, which I shied away from:

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54171&hilit=polo+mfsw

There is more information on the forum if you do a search. ;)

Thanks for the answer. So basically if a buy an airbag (new style) I would be able to just pop it in with the new cables and the airbag will be functional ? And for the buttons to work I need a new control module and some coding? 

Thanks in advance