Sound generator

Shorty76

Hi guys

I’m new to the forum having just bought myself a brand new Octavia VRS diesel :-)

I’ve spent plenty of time on here reading old posts in the last few weeks, so I’m sure someone can help. I can’t seem to find a definitive answer but, when in sport mode I can’t tell any difference in the sound than in normal! Is this, er normal? I phoned the dealer and he said in the diesel you can’t tell much difference but I wonder if he’s fobbing me off? I’ve looked if I can alter the volume but can’t find anything.

I’m not sure I’ll even use it but the car is new so I want everything to work!

Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:50, JasonVRS4x4 said:

Sorry to hi-Jack your thread, but do you know if you turn the sound generator OFF?

Does yours have an individual mode as well as eco, Normal and Sport? If so you should be able to switch it off there. I have on my 2018 petrol

4 minutes ago, littleade said:

Does yours have an individual mode as well as eco, Normal and Sport? If so you should be able to switch it off there. I have on my 2018 petrol

Mines an earlier model, I don't think there's an option in the individual settings, I had to use VCDS to turn the volume to zero. Nice if they've allowed you to set it on later models.

• Like 1