Further suspension advice and thanks

My thanks to sepulchrave, Yaris and Ken O'neil for your advice I am going to install the B12 suspension as you suggest. Given the cost involved are there any other parts that you would recommend replacing as a must do before installing this kit. I managed to pick up Audi TT calipers and 312mm front discs for £83.

2 hours ago, Boatman1 said:

My thanks to sepulchrave, Yaris and Ken O'neil for your advice I am going to install the B12 suspension as you suggest. Given the cost involved are there any other parts that you would recommend replacing as a must do before installing this kit. I managed to pick up Audi TT calipers and 312mm front discs for £83.

I replaced everything that wears when I did mine, strut top-mounts and bearings, lower ball joints, track rod ends, wishbone bushes, ARB bushes and drop links. The whole lot, it also saves you the nuisance of disassembling the old struts just to get the top mounts and bearings off for reuse.

There's nothing to do on the back since the rear beam bushes are already solid. I repaired my torn bump stops by trimming them and forcing them back through the boots before sliding them back on to the new shocks.

34 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

I replaced everything that wears when I did mine, strut top-mounts and bearings, lower ball joints, track rod ends, wishbone bushes, ARB bushes and drop links. The whole lot, it also saves you the nuisance of disassembling the old struts just to get the top mounts and bearings off for reuse.

There's nothing to do on the back since the rear beam bushes are already solid. I repaired my torn bump stops by trimming them and forcing them back through the boots before sliding them back on to the new shocks.

Sepulchrave you've just raised another question in my mind do I need to order new bump stops when purchasing the B12 package? I agree the top mounts and bearings makes sense, my droplinks were done not that long ago. The cars done 102,000.

5 hours ago, Boatman1 said:

Sepulchrave you've just raised another question in my mind do I need to order new bump stops when purchasing the B12 package? I agree the top mounts and bearings makes sense, my droplinks were done not that long ago. The cars done 102,000.

Only for the rear, B12 front struts already have bump stops built-in, nothing needed on the front unless your boots are shredded, I needed boots, wasn't going to bother until someone on here said the damper rods can stone chip easily.

In fact, just get new boots for the fronts.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Only for the rear, B12 front struts already have bump stops built-in, nothing needed on the front unless your boots are shredded, I needed boots, wasn't going to bother until someone on here said the damper rods can stone chip easily.

In fact, just get new boots for the fronts.

Thanks for all the advice very helpful.