Aircon warranty issue

On 7/5/2018 at 20:38, Rodge said:

A two year old car really shouldn't need regassing unless it has a leak. If it has a leak it shouldn't be regassed until the leak is fixed.

Mine is 5 yrs old,  a/c working perfectly with no servicing or re-gas.

Fluids,  oils  and  coolants  (except  as  part  of  a  valid  repair). Doesn't say anything about gas, so there maybe an argument  there.

Except under pressure the gas IS a fluid. That's how it's works.

In physics, a fluid is a substance that continually deforms under an applied shear stress. Fluids are a subset of the phases of matter and include liquids, gases, plasmas, and to some extent, plastic solids. Wikipedia

Edited by xman

16 hours ago, xman said:

In physics, a fluid is a substance that continually deforms under an applied shear stress. Fluids are a subset of the phases of matter and include liquids, gases, plasmas, and to some extent, plastic solids. Wikipedia

** Off Topic  **. 

So a wet F4rt is a fluid and a dry F4rt is a Gas, 

Interesting 

**. Back on Topic  **

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Haha 1

You state that you have only had the car for a couple of weeks - I assume from a Skoda Dealer as an ‘approved used’ car.  Whilst there is no argument that this is a ‘service item’ and damage to the system isn’t covered I would suggest that you have a strong case to argue for this to be sorted under the sale of goods legislation rather than the warranty.  Skoda make great play of the multi point check prior to sale and I’m sure that if you ask to see a copy of what is checked it will show something that will relate directly to the air con.  They clearly didn’t check that it was working properly.  This should be your ‘case’ for them to sort it out for you.  The fact is they will have to swallow the cost and won’t be able to claim off Skoda for doing warranty work, hence why they are arguing.  It is possible that there previous owner didn’t use the air con in some misguided fuel saving efforts and the seals dried out.  Your use of the system has re-lubricated the seals and stopped the coolant loss, but the top up is still needed.  If the dealer continues to argue the toss I would go to Skoda UK on the basis that the dealer hasn’t carried out the requisite ‘approved used’ checks diligently.