Drivers Seat Position

Naurilf

Do you have your foot upright like the pedal or at about 45% to the right.
My leg was not comfortable trying to keep foot parallel with the pedal, I now drive like I did with just the ball of my foot like a  top hinged pedal and all is well.

34 minutes ago, Naurilf said:

Ok, but when you need to push the break pedal you need to move all your foot I guess.

So you don't need to move your foot when you brake?
No need to support my knee, if sitting correctly it's OK.
If I do need to support my leg when not using the throttle when the cruise control is on I use this.

Right_foot_rest[1].jpg

You might consider a seat wedge, this lifts the hips and gives a better posture. Ideally, but difficult to achieve, the hips joint should be higher than the knee joint. I’ve struggled with fixed car seats and my last two cars I’ve opted for an electronic version giving a much wider range of adjustment (not and option for you I know).

hope you get a better driving position sorted soon it makes a long journey so miserable.

• Like 1

• john999boy changed the title to Drivers Seat Position
9 hours ago, Naurilf said:

Hello Ernie, I bought a seat wedge (not memory foam) but then the seat is not bucket anymore and it does not hold the hips

Ive used the memory foam wedge in the past but as you’ve indicated it was tricky to find one that would fit the seat and do the job.

There a quite a few threads on this, I remember going through them when we first got our Yeti.

I never really got on with the seats or the driving position. Seats not supportive enough for me, not enough travel in the steering wheel and the accelerator too close.

More than an hour and I'd have discomfort. Something I never got with our Octavia and Passat.

Now the Yeti has gone and another Octavia is here and I don't have any issues.

An example from 2016.

Edited by logiclee

I found the yeti drivers seat/position very good and drive 100+ miles with no discomfort but prior to that I had an Octavia blackline est and found after 20+ miles I started to feel uncomfortable in my legs.

The edge I have inside the red is very rough and especially the sewing inside the Green. Don't you feel it when you press the gas pedal? Do you have the seat close and low for example? Do do you use to drive? I try not to touch it and press it

8405616_h_b.jpg

16 minutes ago, Naurilf said:

The edge I have inside the red is very rough and especially the sewing inside the Green. Don't you feel it when you press the gas pedal? Do you have the seat close and low for example? Do do you use to drive? I try not to touch it and press it

8405616_h_b.jpg

Maybe it is a trick of camera angle, but it looks like the angle between the seat base and back is about 110 degrees, which doesn’t seem right as that suggests you are driving with seats partly reclined.

You can’t move the pedals, so work up your body, setting seat base first, then backrest, then your arms (steering wheel adjustment), then head restraint (remember they are restraints, not headrests).  If you do it in another order you will get leg ache.