Karoq

stoggy

I am looking to purchase a Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI Manual gearbox, When I visit the Skoda website and configure my car it tells me that the spec I want you cannot fit a factory or 3rd party towbar?. This only applies to this engine and gearbox, If this is true I find it very strange indeed. There is no problem fitting a towbar to the 1.0 TSI Manual Gearbox which you would think has not got the same pulling power as a diesel. Any help would be gratefully received

The Karoq 1.6 TDI SEL  manual in not homologenated for towing, there for cannot have a towbar fitted at factory or later by @ 3rd party.

63A7B638-9EC6-4B8D-A009-2289FC90AB82.png

Edited by Kenny R

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:25, skoda1982 said:

I had towbar prep £185 just incase I have one fitted at a later date. You get bigger radiator,  all wires. Then just activate using vcds 

Are you sure about the radiator? According to my dealer the cooling mods needed for 2 litre, 150 bhp (110 kW) diesel 4x4 are a replacement fan and holder, and a new bumper grill top (about £600 in total). Tow bar prep is wiring loom only.

1 hour ago, JohnD5314 said:

Are you sure about the radiator? According to my dealer the cooling mods needed for 2 litre, 150 bhp (110 kW) diesel 4x4 are a replacement fan and holder, and a new bumper grill top (about £600 in total). Tow bar prep is wiring loom only.

Documentation i read did not mention car pacific /engine 4x4. if so ripped off again