12 month waiting list?

Biggles33

There must be a potential problems on deliveries if the Brexit deal/customs issues are not sorted.  I’d hate to have an order placed that was likely to get exposed to a no deal delivery.

VW / AUDI / Skoda / SEAT seem to be having issues getting car already built from Continental Europe or South Africa to Continental Europe then into the UK and to Dealers and Customers right now.

Then sacking the Suppliers that were feed up of VW Group has really left them up a creak paddleless.

When there was to be no more 'Das Auto' and to be just 'honesty' how come VW fail to communicate with Customers and potential customer about delivery issues of vehicles or just spare parts.

VW cancels all contracts with rebel supplier.mhtml

VW appears to confirm Prevent contract end _ Automotive Industry News _ just-auto.mhtml

Volkswagen seeks to introduce new dealer contracts by the end of Q1 2018 _ Autovista Group.mhtml

Edited by Offski

5 hours ago, Offski said:

Silver clouds, 

there will be plenty various 18 plates with no or nearly no miles in the UK from all manufacturers and by Jan 2019 Dealers will really want them sold and make space for new March Registrations of what ever is coming into the UK.

Buyers market as long as you are not wanting a WLTP vehicle with a 68 plate before the end of 2018.

What's WLTP?

Yes, there may be plenty of cars available towards the end of the year, we shall see. Someone I know works for a large dealership chain inc. VWG and he says they are really busy (can hardly keep up with PDI's) before the new regulations come in. I'd see what deals can be had on e.g. a Tiguan but the timing isn't right with having the Yeti on 0%.

I bought the Yeti from stock which was good (most of what I wanted spec. wise and more) but after having a tow bar fitted aftermarket I really wanted to have a factory fit one next time and I'd prefer to spec it exactly as I want.

Fortunately in no rush and Yeti is Euro 6 with only 25k. on it. Perhaps other cars will come along which I fancy more, who knows? Perhaps we should do as the French do and buy more homebuilt cars!

Edited by VAGCF

Thanks, knew of the regulations but didn't recognise the abbreviation!

By the time I'm in the market to change will probably be a WLTP car. Unless I can get a deal that makes it worthwhile to change sooner.

10 hours ago, VAGCF said:

What's WLTP?

Yes, there may be plenty of cars available towards the end of the year, we shall see. Someone I know works for a large dealership chain inc. VWG and he says they are really busy (can hardly keep up with PDI's) before the new regulations come in. I'd see what deals can be had on e.g. a Tiguan but the timing isn't right with having the Yeti on 0%.

I bought the Yeti from stock which was good (most of what I wanted spec. wise and more) but after having a tow bar fitted aftermarket I really wanted to have a factory fit one next time and I'd prefer to spec it exactly as I want.

Fortunately in no rush and Yeti is Euro 6 with only 25k. on it. Perhaps other cars will come along which I fancy more, who knows? Perhaps we should do as the French do and buy more homebuilt cars!

That narrows it down to Nissan,Toyota or Honda which are actually built in Britain or a few Vauxhall Astra's.No Ford's built in Britain (just engines) anymore, even the Transit van production got moved from Southampton to TURKEY, presumably they get paid less than British workers.:blink:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That narrows it down to Nissan,Toyota or Honda which are actually built in Britain or a few Vauxhall Astra's.No Ford's built in Britain (just engines) anymore, even the Transit van production got moved from Southampton to TURKEY, presumably they get paid less than British workers.:blink:

Good look ordering a petrol Qashqai right now. Less times just like elsewhere is at least 4 months. 

That's a lot less than for a Karoq though.

Did have a look at a Mini Countryman when my wife's car was in for a service and found it surprisingly roomy. I just fancy something more like the Karoq.

5 hours ago, VAGCF said:

That's a lot less than for a Karoq though.

Did have a look at a Mini Countryman when my wife's car was in for a service and found it surprisingly roomy. I just fancy something more like the Karoq.

Don't buy a Mini without an extensive test drive. While they handle well, the ride can be fidgety and bumpy. 

I ordered an Emerald Green 1.5 SEL with Adaptive CC and Lane Assist in January. Promised delivery in March. It then kept changing to April, May, June... so I cancelled the order. Looked everywhere for a similar model in Emerald Green for a few months, till I found a pre registered one in a  showroom, a Karoq Edition with 16 miles on the clock! Its a great suv to drive! Hope all of you will be lucky like me to get a Karoq of your dreams. 

Nice one. :thumbup:

Unfortunately for most of us it is looking increasingly unlikely in the short term. I'm considering the Ateca now, having discounted it before because of the dark interior and firm suspension. Seems better value for similar spec. and 0% finance like I have on the Yeti. Trouble is that delivery times are as bad.  

Probably won't bother now until well into next year.

If it helps you choose between a Karoq and Ateca

the MY19 Ateca has easy order (simplified range , with just few packs rather than lots of options).

All gain metallic paint and park assist as standard

New SEL spec, leather seats, Kessy, winter and convienience  packs etc

New FR sport spec, leather sports seats, winter pack, 19 inch wheels, digital dash

New Xcelence Lux spec, 19 inch wheel, digital dash, winter pack,  electric tailgate, top view camera, advanced driving assistance etc

Heated windscreen standard on Xcelence and Xcelence Lux

The 1.5 evo engine replaces 1.4

There is a 1.5 DSG 4x4 available on all 6 spec levels

There will be a 300ps Cupra version if you want quick SUV

Edited by SurreyJohn

18 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Nice one. :thumbup:

Unfortunately for most of us it is looking increasingly unlikely in the short term. I'm considering the Ateca now, having discounted it before because of the dark interior and firm suspension. Seems better value for similar spec. and 0% finance like I have on the Yeti. Trouble is that delivery times are as bad.  

Probably won't bother now until well into next year.

This is not a Skoda specific problem. Whether you go to Nissan, BMW or other manufacturers, lead times for some petrol models is at least 4 months. If you urgently need a Karoq you can buy a prereg.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is a 1.5 DSG 4x4 available on all 6 spec levels

I hope Skoda will offer 4x4 with the 1.5TSI soon as or currently it doesn't make sense to only offer 4x4 on a top of the range engine which is a 2L diesel. 

After this harsh winter 4x4 was heaven sent in hilly Kent. I was one of the few people at work who was able to get to work or leve my neighbourhood. I am not placing my order until November-December. If there won't be a Karoq 4x4 1.5TSI by then, I will have to order the new Audi Q3 with that configuration. 

Edited by Crassus