Cruise control kit installation manual

Hi there, can someone attach manual for cruise control kit installation, pdf or pictures. Found some older topics not sure if it is complete. Would like to see textual part also, and guides how to activate it in VCDS. thanks in advance. Installation for ATD is different as i understand, only for 2005. cars or up to 2005.

post-114968-0-80065000-1404659105.jpg

Edited by djordjebg

I've recently fitter cruise control to my 2006 1.4 TDI Fabia. It took about a day and a half in total but that was because I removed the entire dash as it makes the whole process a lot easier. I also spent quite a while cleaning the dash and adding some additional wiring for a radio, so if you didn't do that you can get the whole job done easily in a day. 

The textual part of the instructions is here (This is only English but there is Czech and German too): http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/fabiaccs.pdf

The translation is terrible but it gives you a rough idea and also explains the VCDS coding fairly well too.

Also those instructions only talk about the T11a connector, which as you mentioned, is absent on newer cars (including mine). If that is case with your car you need to use the T11b connector as shown in that diagram you posted.

As for my experience with fitting it, taking the dash out is no where near as bad as it sounds and makes the job far easier than laying in the footwell trying to push a tiny pin into a connector that you can't see and can barely reach. The only things to note are:

• The steering wheel needs a spline bit to remove it, but you don't have to replace the nut unless its been used more than 5 times (unlikely)
  • On my car at-least the bolts that hold the passenger airbag to the dash bar cross-thread VERY easily and it took me about an hour to get them back in correctly :dull:
  • When you're fitting the washer/wiper and cruise control stalk back onto the steering column you need to tighten the clamp loosely, fit the clock spring and then just push the wheel onto the spline but don't bolt it on. You then have to measure from the front of the clock spring to the back of the wheel and adjust the position of the stalks until the distance is approx. 2.5 mm. I assume you could have the distance set at whatever felt best but that's the value recommended in the service book.

Hope that helps and if you have more questions I'll try and help the best I can. I'll also try and get some pictures of the process to help you out. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi! ?

Did you (or anybody you know about) install cruise controll into a Fabia Mk1, which has BBZ engine code, and Marelli system?

Yesterday I was told, that it is not possible into my car, because of its Marelli system.

Help please!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ARPICBR said:

Hi! ?

Did you (or anybody you know about) install cruise controll into a Fabia Mk1, which has BBZ engine code, and Marelli system?

Yesterday I was told, that it is not possible into my car, because of its Marelli system.

Help please!

Thanks!

It is possible, I have done it on many including my own Fabia saloon before I swapped the engine.

Thanks a lot!

The car mechanic told me, that another problem is that the turn signal switch with cruise control function has a different plug, and cannot be replaced instead of the serial one.

I am not sure what kind of switch he bought.

Do you know about any cable, or adapter which could help?

The other information what I found about this, that someone wrote in forum, that it depends on the electric management of the car, when its part number starts 6Q0 or 6Q1 it is possible to install, otherwise it is not. Can you confirm this, or this is false information?

Do you have any helpful docs (pdf, charts e.t.c) which could help me?

Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, ARPICBR said:

The other information what I found about this, that someone wrote in forum, that it depends on the electric management of the car, when its part number starts 6Q0 or 6Q1 it is possible to install, otherwise it is not. Can you confirm this, or this is false information?

This is very true. the central electronics control unit part number needs to be checked. If it starts with 6Q0 or 6Q1 it supports cruise. 6Q2 doesn't support cruise control but can be swapped over with the other two units and just change the coding if it's different.

Plugs on the switch are identical, on the cruise switch you have an additional 10 pin plug for the CC loom but the original plug is the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2019 at 13:09, ARPICBR said:

All right, I will check the control unit, and tell these to my mechanic.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day!

Hi!

A managed to look at the central electronics control unit in VCDS.

It is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GgZFkoZGEq5G-DFfTbEN8M6XVwYopWGZ/view

Do I look at the right information?

According to this, I can install the CC, right?

Thanks!