Particulate Filter/Glow Plug System Flashing Warning + Exhaust Inspection Warning

Hello all,

I was wondering if you can advise please. My car is a Skoda Octavia 2016, less than 15,000 mileage.

The diesel particulate filter warning came on the other day, and I didn't get around to going on the motorway that day to clear it (as it advises in the manual).

The next day I turned the car on and I now have an amber flashing Glow Plug System warning light and a static amber Exhaust Inspection System warning light. My car is still under warranty so I have booked it in at the garage later this week.

My question is, how serious is this and can I drive it in the interim? I only need to do a few miles per day until I get it to the garage. My knowledge is poor and I am wondering if I am doing damage to it by driving.

Thank you.

If you car is still under warrenty you should call the Skoda Total Mobile recovery service. (Or call your garage & ask them about this).

They should collect your car, take it to the garage & arrange for a replacement/loan car while you wait for their next available timeslot to look at your car.

What kind of driving are you doing normally?

Have you ever had the DPF light before?

How long have you had the car?

Edited by Gabbo