Gearboxes

Channel

http://wltpfacts.eu/when-will-wltp-changes-take-place 

An exemption for a limited number of end of line old stock etc etc 

We will see if cars already built and in the country and that could have been sold, registered, delivered is stretching this, or as some will call it, cheating.

VW = no more Das Auto, just honesty.

WLTP introduction_ when will the changes take place_ _ WLTPfacts.eu.mhtml

Edited by Offski

"Derogation" - that makes sense. I've done work on EU projects and that is exactly how and what it is used for in euro speak.

Edited by TheRobinK
clarity

My last word on this subject is this.  Given the option of a 68 plate vehicle tested under the NEDC rules, how would that affect part exchange values in 2 years time when compared with a similar vehicle which had been tested under the WLPT system.  Or is it the case that nobody would really give stuff.  A 68 plate is a 68 plate.

• Like 1

Well, having the later plate has got to be good regardless of emissions regime.

Value in 2 years is an open question - nobody really knows the effect of all this. I know that nobody in Ireland really cares that my 2014 S2 is EU5 - they care about the reg, road tax (CO2 based) and mileage/spec.

The open question for diesels and petrols is if some cities around the EU and UK try to ban or place extra charges on cars that are not EU6-WLTP cars (i.e. higher Nox diesels or TSi/GDI petrols without particulate filters). I think this is more likely to be a worry for EU5 diesels like mine.

We might get hit by an asteroid too. I think you should just enjoy your new Kodiak - in 2 years it will still be a 68 plate, EU6 and desirable car. :thumbup: 

• Like 1

Sorry only way i can link.  Maybe someone could do it in a better way.  Thanks.

So the 'derogation rule' is allowed on cars built before the 1st June, but only on 10% of the number of 2017 registrations.

Skoda first registered about 80,000 in 2017.

Switch to new WLTP emissions regulations may put pressure on new car supplies _ Latest News.mhtml

Edited by Offski

Since my" last word on the subject" I have now been informed that the Karoq built in May will comply with the WLTP rules.  It will be interesting to know whether, under the new rules, which takes into account fitted extras such as heated screen,seats,washers, adaptive cruise control etc. will have much of an effect on the current Co2 emission.  Still, as long as it remains below 150 which would increase the first year road tax from £515 to £830, who cares.

Good.

So whoever told you says your car built in May actually has WLTP Type Approval and is not just being registered after August under the derogation rule.

Did they put that in writing for you and are they able to tell you the WLTP figures for the Co2 g/km and the fuel figures?

After the car appeared in the UK around June I made an enquiry regarding which emission system had been applied to the car.  Back cam an e.mail saying that it was tested under the NEDC rules.  At that time the dealership said it would have to be sold by Aug 31st.  A while later a phone call from the dealership informed that all is well and I can have it on a 68 plate in September.  At that time no reason was given, the derogation rule was mentioned but having looked up the rules for that it did seem a bit strange that it should apply to a new model and not an end of series one. Then last month, Skoda executive office phoned to query the sale of this vehicle we had a long discussion and it appeared that they were unaware of the derogation system I sent some info on it.  They then phoned the head honcho at the dealership.  He then phoned me and said that the my vehicle will come under the WLTP rules.  The head salesman agreed that it is all aver complicated and won't get much better for a while.  I am contacting them on Monday to get some info in writing regarding emission levels and fuel figures.  At the moment Co2 is quoted at 138.  I will update you when I know a bit more. 

• Thanks 1