KESSY Octavia - stuck boot/tailgate

I've got one of the MKIII Octavia's (hence posting in this forum).  It has a KESSY system and a Estate boot.  About twice in the last 6 weeks I've had problems with the tailgate not unlocking when the rest of the car has done so.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with a rear passenger door being opened before a drivers door is (or maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part).  I've done a search and found a thread for the problem with a MKII, but couldn't easily find a thread for a MKIII.  What I'd like to know is there anyway of 'manually' opening the rear hatch if the mechanism fails?  I am about to go on holiday and haven't got time for a garage visit before I go and don't want to strand the packing in the back of the car!  I'd also be interested if anyone knows what causes it and how to fix it?  As with the first time I just kept unlocking and locking KESSY and with the key-fob buttons this morning and in the finish it just freed up as though there had never been an issue.  Thoughts would be appreciated - solutions even more so!!  :-D

scan it. There may be an issue with the lock or the cable.. it's also possible it just needs some adjustment, but you won't know that until it's been scanned for error messages.

- Bret

Not the same car, but I had a similar issue with my Leon boot.

No errors showed up in the scanner, so they sent me away twice saying "we cannot reproduce".

After I got ****ed and returned there with a solid shut boot, they admitted there was an issue and after they changed the lock mechanism it did not happen again.

The lock was not releasing.

2 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

No errors showed up in the scanner, so they sent me away twice saying "we cannot reproduce".

This is the problem with many garages now, they rely solely on the diagnostic system instead of using that as merely an aid to find & fix a problem.

My previous car had a 100% mechanical variable damping system (hydraulics & valves) with NO electronic diagnosis and more than one main dealer couldn't find the fault when the valve block was leaking - I ended up having to tell them to change the valve block at my risk (you could hear it chattering due to lack of hydraulic fluid) to fix the problem.

So is there no solution to releasing the boot if the KESSY fails again please?  As noted above, I cannot get it scanned until after my holiday.