Furby ariel

Hi everyone:)

Just a quick one.

Had a look through other threads can anybody tell me how to remove the ariel to replace with a smaller unit.:confused:

Tried yesterday but when the ariel gets to the end of the threads it doesn`t come out it just spins is it anti theft i`ve looked but can`t find a screw to remove.:confused:

Help as my other half keeps asking why it`s not done yet but I don`t want to damage car.

cheers

critch

(A happy furby owner waiting for engine run in period to end)

HI there

my missus got the ariel of ebay from auto-cruise ltd in mansfield.

The ariel is a bee sting style in silver but polished up will look abit like chrome so should stand out on black bodywork i`ll post reply to say what reception is like later when fitted and tested.

hope this helps

critch

Ive got a richbrook one but ive been told that the Vauxhall mervia one is better. if you go for the vauxhall one you have to trim a small amount of rubber to open more of the thread. The richbrook one ive got looks great but i sometimes think ive got bad reception compared to the standard aerial. ill have some pics on later 2nite of what it looks like.

"Most" ariels will need a little trimming, my only concern is how much of a bodge job it'll look like once i've cut the bottom to show a little bit more thread.

If you trim it carefully it wont show any more thread as the thread will be threaded into it's socket! You just have to get the line reasonably straight around the circumfrence, you only need shave off about 1mm at the most on the VX/Meriva ariel, and once it's screwed in tight it butts up against the ariel base for a pretty invisible fit.