Panoramic sunroof

56 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

All UK spec vRSes have the LA camera which does HBA and TSR. I don’t think there’s anything that you can add with the ACC that you can’t add without it.

Do I understand correctly that LA assist also does HBA and TSR out of the box or it needs to be enabled (or bought from factory)?

I nearly always have a sunroof open - mainly, of course, in the tilted-up position, because I like the quiet yet fresh-airy ventilation of gives. I've just replaced a Mk 1 Octavia with a s/h Mk 3, and the only way to get a sunroof in that is to go panoramic - which, after waiting for a suitably-spec'd Scout at the right price, I did.

My experience is so far very positive - no leaks so far, despite some fairly torrential rain lately. Plenty of wide-open use in the hot weather - much wider, of course, than the old Mk 1 - and the tlit-up position gives effective but unobtrusive ventilation.

Edited by Sangrail
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

The LA camera from factory only does LA. You can code HBA and TSR with OBDEleven/VCDS. You don’t need to buy any additional hardware for the car to make the LA camera do those things.

What about TJA? Traffic Jam Assist? Is that part of the ACC or needs coding?

I bought a used Octavia elegance in Feb, the two things I miss from my old Focus are the heated front screen and sunroof.

Whilst the aircon is great, sometimes it's nice to have the option of a sunroof and I guess with a pano roof, it's like a sunroof on steroids :D

Having said that, if I was ordering new, I don't think I could justify the cost against some of the other options or a couple of off-peak weekends away at Centre Parcs ;)

I mean I'm sure the girls would love it but the "head" would over rule that very easily :)

• Like 1

I have the pano roof, wouldn't have another.

The good:

It isn't warm as expected in summer as it (apparently if IIRC) used heat reflective glass. I had a previous MK3 without the roof and it was no cooler in summer.

The light is lovely, and opening it on long drives keeps me alert.

The children like watching aircraft flying.

The bad:

Mine has been a problem since virtually new. It packed in altogether within a month and needed a new motor, and has been back 5 times since because when opening it it generally groans and graunches quite badly. Not always, but often.

It's a lot of money. Was looking at this when optioning a company car last week, and Skoda charge over £1K now, yet on the Seat Leon Sports Tourer it was £600 and something. I don't know if it is a smaller unit, but it isn't nearly half the size for sure.

You get small, old-fashioned looking reading lights in the back.

You lose the sunglasses holder in front of the rear view mirror.

54 minutes ago, HotVRs said:

I have the pano roof, wouldn't have another.

The good:

It isn't warm as expected in summer as it (apparently if IIRC) used heat reflective glass. I had a previous MK3 without the roof and it was no cooler in summer.

The light is lovely, and opening it on long drives keeps me alert.

The children like watching aircraft flying.

The bad:

Mine has been a problem since virtually new. It packed in altogether within a month and needed a new motor, and has been back 5 times since because when opening it it generally groans and graunches quite badly. Not always, but often.

It's a lot of money. Was looking at this when optioning a company car last week, and Skoda charge over £1K now, yet on the Seat Leon Sports Tourer it was £600 and something. I don't know if it is a smaller unit, but it isn't nearly half the size for sure.

You get small, old-fashioned looking reading lights in the back.

You lose the sunglasses holder in front of the rear view mirror.

That's the risks , isn't it...when they go wrong they go horribly wrong and are extremely costly. My head says no still

Skoda charge £1150 on Octavia now - that is a lot.

Edited by TonyTonic

Pano fails due to lack of maintenance. If you regularly clean and lubricate it, should last forever. 

On my second service they did clean and replaced this white grease. I didn't ask, said it's a regular procedure. It's true that my hearing isn't perfect, but I suppose that cracking should be noticeable if present.

1 minute ago, nidza said:

Pano fails due to lack of maintenance. If you regularly clean and lubricate it, should last forever. 

On my second service they did clean and replaced this white grease. I didn't ask, said it's a regular procedure. It's true that my hearing isn't perfect, but I suppose that cracking should be noticeable if present.

What exactly do you need to maintain on it? Grease the rails and clean the drainage channels? 

If ACC is added as an option , do you get also the colour display screen where it shows the distance options or is it still a black white screen on 2017 FL models.

Is reversing camera and front parking sensors an easy retrofit or you can;t get it with the 8" screen? Is it a big difference to the 9.2" screen?

I guess lane assist that comes as standard is just a warning it doesn't steer the car?

Edited by TonyTonic

9 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

What exactly do you need to maintain on it? Grease the rails and clean the drainage channels? 

Yes.

Everything was clean like new on car handover. There was some dirt, although the car is in the garage most of the time, so not much influenced on the weather conditions.

6 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

What about TJA? Traffic Jam Assist? Is that part of the ACC or needs coding?

4 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Not 100% as I don’t have ACC, but I’m pretty sure it does the traffic jam thing. I’m not sure how it works though.

I *think* TJA requires electric parking brake - not available on any Octavia currently, and not 'codeable' as it needs additional hardware.

32 minutes ago, nidza said:

I've never done any maintenance on mine, and the car's only had one service so far - I seriously doubt they touched it!

9 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I *think* TJA requires electric parking brake - not available on any Octavia currently, and not 'codeable' as it needs additional hardware.

I've never done any maintenance on mine, and the car's only had one service so far - I seriously doubt they touched it!

cheers @pist0nbr0ke  I see you have the 4x4 diesel. How you finding it? Did you do any mods?

Edited by TonyTonic

23 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

cheers @pist0nbr0ke  I see you have the 4x4 diesel. How you finding it? Did you do any mods?

All good, about the only negative is economy isn't amazing due to 4x4, DSG, type of roads where we live, and a heavy right foot.

Specced new with heated front seats, washer jets and windscreen, pano roof, black pack plus, full leather and spare wheel.

Mods? Not really - DTUK and pedal boxes; interior LED's, sidelight, reg plate and reverse light LED's; 15mm rear and 12mm front wheel spacers; hydraulic bonnet struts; debadged rear; colour coded Skoda badges; rubber floor mats; mud flaps; Rearguards bumper protector; retrofitted reverse camera :D

VCDS mods - HBA with memory, TSR, LED bulb coding, delayed headlight washer activation, stop/start deactivated, fan speed indicator, sound actuator deactivated; Audi throttle mod; reverse camera coding.

I may have forgotten something...

3 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

All good, about the only negative is economy isn't amazing due to 4x4, DSG, type of roads where we live, and a heavy right foot.

Specced new with heated front seats, washer jets and windscreen, pano roof, black pack plus, full leather and spare wheel.

Mods? Not really - DTUK and pedal boxes; interior LED's, sidelight, reg plate and reverse light LED's; 15mm rear and 12mm front wheel spacers; hydraulic bonnet struts; debadged rear; colour coded Skoda badges; rubber floor mats; mud flaps; Rearguards bumper protector; retrofitted reverse camera :D

VCDS mods - HBA with memory, TSR, LED bulb coding, delayed headlight washer activation, stop/start deactivated, fan speed indicator, sound actuator deactivated; Audi throttle mod; reverse camera coding.

I may have forgotten something...

nice one, do you have details on the reversing camera retrofitting? Please,Tx

On 31/07/2018 at 17:33, TonyTonic said:

Seems like a good price to me. I paid £25k for an almost identical car in December 2017. Mine was delivery mileage. No pano roof, but Canton and black pack 

Hi there,

I'd never owned a car with a pano roof before and didn't see any real need for one. However, I recently bought my VRS and spent several months searching for the right colour and spec etc.

The VRS I eventually settled for had a pano roof along with several other options, the powered boot is used every day and I like the feature a lot, however the pano roof is equally as awesome. Let's plenty of light into the cabin and great on a sunny day. 

As it is an expensice option you don't see many with them either so it does add a little more desirability to your car.