Heater goes to full heat

When engaging reverse in my 08 TSi the heater goes to full heat. Switching the ignition off and on again brings it all back to normal. This only happens after I have been driving forward - if I start from rest and engage reverse, there's no trouble. Apologies if this has been discussed before but my searches didn't find a similar fault.

Thanks

Chris 

Its probably the control motors for the flaps, its a common fault on the fabia so it could affect the Octavia

I posted after the lightening last week that my A/C had gone wonky, on full, fan on full, lights not working. I could not get things to work without switching off messing about.

Found out the Grand Children in the rear the night before had reset the rear settings.  Used Sync at the front and all back to normal, 

A/C at Low not on Auto, fan lights and all the rest back to normal.