Knee pain

Vrs_apr

I've driven manuals all my life and 3/4 months ago got my first auto. (Ocvty vrs mk 3) Ever since then my left knee has had a dull ache. I can't help but think it's due to being further left (on the foot rest, no on the clutch).

Has anyone else had similar issues, if so what did you do?

P.s. I really don't want to swap the car as it's the perfect balance of power and practicality.

1 minute ago, KenONeill said:

@Vrs_apr - Well, you don't have to use the foot rest.

Also, if this isn't just while/after you're driving early onset of osteoarthritis or, if there's any history in male blood relatives, gout?

I have size 13 feet. It doesn't fit anywhere else other than flat on the floor, which just feels worse.

No medical history in the family although I did used to play a huge amount of basketball from 8 to 21.

The size 13's might not be any good then for moving your right foot out the way sometimes when driving and start practice using your left foot on the throttle / brake, you can get used to it.

So if you do not cycle as a past time you might want to take it up.

Also Cod Liver Oil tables and Glucosamine sulphate tables are good for arthritic joints.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Offski said:

The size 13's might not be any good then for moving your right foot out the way sometimes when driving and start practice using your left foot on the throttle / brake, you can get used to it.

So if you do not cycle as a past time you might want to take it up.

Also Cod Liver Oil tables and Glucosamine sulphate tables are good for arthritic joints.

Tar.

Holland and Barrett and left foot braking it is then.

• Like 1

My knee used to ache because the footrest was too low for me.  I cured that with a couple of thicknesses of foam sleeping mat held in place with two-sided carpet tape. 

I suppose I ought to do something more permanent, but I find the foam works well.

• Like 1