Need to keep doors unlocked - is there a fuse I can pull to disconnect central locking?

Hi, I know this is a strange question but really appreciate some help. 

About 6 months ago the central locking stopped working on the back door of my 03 Fabia and the door has been locked ever since.

The MOT runs out in a couple of weeks and the garage said it will cost £300 for them to open and fix the door. The car also needs new front bushes which is £180 to pass the mot. Suddenly today the door has opened. The garage said that they can mot it if the door is open when they get it. My question, is there a fuse I can pull out or any other way I can disable the central locking to ensure that the door does not lock again. I guess the alarm would stay disabled. 

I will get the lock done later but I just need to get the car through the MOT as cheaply as possible and then my friend can look at the lock because the front one is sticking as well. Thank you for any advice.

Been there. Had locked door for weeks till it randomly opened one day. Fuses are not local enough to disable just central locking alone. What I did till I found time to replace the lock in the door was disconnect the wiring plug for that door from the B/C pillar at the front of the affected door. It runs in a 'rubber' bellows which can be pulled off at the pillar end, plug pulled and then the bellows pushed back on to keep it all in place. Disables the window as well but much easier than letting it lock again.

• Like 1

I imagine you could use VCDS to try to convince the car it's a two door. That might work. Pulling the plug was quick, easy and worked. There are plenty clever bods on here who know more and may be along in a mo.

Won't fuse 49 do this? Never tried it, but it seems to be the power feed to the J393 central convenience unit that drives all the door locks.

Not sure if it affects locking/unlocking with the key though? Shouldn't do, I guess; I really don't know. 

Edited by Wino