Boot auto Locking

Does anyone know how to disable the book autolocking with the Admundsen?

What I mean is; just say that I go to pick up my wife from the train station and I am sitting with the engine running when she arrives. When she tries to open the boot it is locked. The only way to open it is to either lock and unlock the central locking or take the key out of the ignition.

My last car was a Scirocco R and had the Discover media pro which I believe that is the same as the Columbus. There was a setting there to stop it locking the boot when you drive off.

My new car has the Admundsen but no option to do this - only unlock one door, one side or all doors. I have it set to unlock all doors and the auto locking is unticked.

Is there an option somewhere else or is it a case of finding someone with VCDS? The manual doesn't show this anywhere as an option either

@

Delberthot

The following may be of interest? This was over on the Superb forum, but the Octavia Mk3 and it have some areas that are similar.
Basically using VCDS or simialr it is possible to enable the boot open funcion on the keyfob with the engine running.
Clearly if you are likely to accidently press the key fob this would not be a good idea!

Edited by StephenVRS

Isn't just as easy to press the unlocking button in front of the gear stick?

In reply to the original question,  after loading the luggage, how would she then get into the car? Or do you not use auto lock on the doors? 

Edited by gregoir

I don't have the autolock on, that's why I can't figure out why the boot locks by itself.

I have the button in the centre to lock and unlock the doors but it would be handy if it didn't lock in the first place.

I'll check out that link in the superb forum :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

I don't have the autolock on, that's why I can't figure out why the boot locks by itself.

I think it’s to stop someone opening your boot and helping themselves to whatever goodies are in there when your stopped at traffic lights etc.  I personally can’t see what the hardship is in pushing the unlock button if you know someone requires access to the boot. I think the boot also unlocks  when a door is opened so you don’t even have to push the button if a passenger is getting out and requires something from the boot.

On 06/08/2018 at 21:14, Delberthot said:

It's not a hardship, I just thought I'd ask to see if there was an option to disable it that I had missed in the menus since I  could do it in my last car.

You don't have to justify why you're asking the question.  If ppl don't know the answer, no need to join in.