Spratt to catch a mackerel

Went into Sandicliffe Skoda Leicester today (6/8/2018) for a air conditioning Re-gas. I was quoted £69,99 with a free Anti-bacteria cleanse. THIS WAS A SPECIAL OFFER. Was it too good to be true. You decide...

I got the car in for 10am as requested by the service centre, I was told it would take an hour and 15minutes. I was with 2 children so we went over to the cemetery to the cafe for cool drinks. Came back for 10.30am and was told at 11am that they had found a leak in the aircon even though the Air-con was working ok. I wanted the Anti-bacteria cleanse as it hasn't been done for a few years. The Air-con was putting out cold air on the way to Sandicliffe. I asked how much how long. I was quoted £113 and told approximately 1hour 30 mins. So I said ok. Thinking 12.30pm all would be done. The car was not ready until after 2pm I asked why it had taken so long and was told they were doing a health check on the car. I said I had had an health check when the car was MOT in July. They said the health check showed I needed rubber stops on the rear suspension. I said to the service reception how come this has just shown up now. The reply was that they had perished since the car was MOT in July. I said impossible he’s said if the car is left out it could happen, I said the car is stored in a garage and has done less than 100 mls since the MOT. The service receptionist could say nothing.

The Air-con regas should be £69.99 total bill £183.34 incl VAT.

I have been using Skoda Groby Rd, Leicester for the last 14yrs I was always happy with service 
until Sandicliffe took over the dealership since then I have had no confidence in the company they are only in it for making as much money as they can.

I will no longer take my car to Sandicliffe and will source my new car from a dealership that appreciates and looks after their customers.

• Sad 1

Quote: “I will no longer take my car to Sandicliffe and will source my new car from a dealership that appreciates and looks after their customers.”

Good luck with that. Many of the VAG group seem pretty useless nowadays.

Perhaps it is time to look beyond your current brand of car.

£89 was getting you a A/C Service and the Brake Fluid Change a couple of years ago.

Dealership making this offer will have pulled in some Up-selling.  Those thinking that this £30 would have the A/C putting out cooler air.

I feel sorry for any that put a car in with low oil. See the T&C's.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/451963-skoda-dealership-£30-summer-travel-check