Sticky boot lid?

Hi all

Had a few problems recently with my boot lid sticking (Octavia scout estate). Seems to vary a bit, but either the catch works fine but the boot wont open (like the boot has been glued down by tree sap or something - it hasn't, but that's how it feels). Or, the catch whines away but doesn't seem to be able to release fully. Or possibly even a mix of the two. Once or twice I've bttn totally unable to open the boot, but usually can wrestle it open in the end.

I've tried lubing up the boot mechanism with WD-40, but that didn't seem to help much. Any other suggestions? Is this a common problem?

Cheers.

Mine has done this on occasion but does throw something up from time to time on my Carista OBD reader.  It comes and goes but for the life of me I can't remember the code.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows what it could be.

I had this yesterday after car was parked up at airport for 2 weeks.

In my case the electric mechanism whirred but sounded different. And the boot moved a bit when trying to open but felt like it was still being held by the catch which hadn't fully released.

After wrestling with it for a few times it did open and was ok at the end of the journey home. Not too sure what the fix would be but suspect something to do with the catch or the catch release..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheClient said:

n my case the electric mechanism whirred but sounded different. And the boot moved a bit when trying to open but felt like it was still being held by the catch which hadn't fully released.

After wrestling with it for a few times it did open and was ok at the end of the journey home.

Yep, that's exactly what mine did yesterday.

Skinny, if you can find a code that would be handy. Mine hasn't thrown up any codes yet, but I can't scan it every time it happens, just when I get a chance, and it doesn't happen that often anyway, so it may not meet the threshold to store a code...