Regeneration revs

Have a VRS tdi (my second) but have noticed during the regeneration that on occasions the revs vary between osscilate between approx 950 and 1000 revs. Is this normal, as my past experience is that it stays at a constant 1000 rpm 

Regeneration should be fixed at 1000rpm in my experience.

Other inputs which can cause RPM to increase are variable like air conditions, warmup from cold temperature, clutch pedal movement can be variable based on the temperature/demand.

when you say it oscilates what is the frequency? or is just that sometimes its 950rpm and others its 1000rpm?

On 17/08/2018 at 11:57, Gabbo said:

Regeneration should be fixed at 1000rpm in my experience.

Other inputs which can cause RPM to increase are variable like air conditions, warmup from cold temperature, clutch pedal movement can be variable based on the temperature/demand.

when you say it oscilates what is the frequency? or is just that sometimes its 950rpm and others its 1000rpm?

It oscillates between 950 and 1000 rpm at a very short interval of around 2 seconds 

I am thinking maybe its the clutch pedal pressed detection where the rpm increases for pull-away assist. (the ecu is detecting the clutch position as on-off-on-off)

When you dont have regeneration & are at idle with foot on the clutch what is the rpm?
If you lift the clutch slightly, what does the rpm increase to & does it stay at a constant value?