DX unit needed

Hi all,

I have posted this in the specific sub section too.

I might need a replacement DX unit for my 06 Superb. It is in safe mode and the local Skoda dealer can't do it. They tried but can't. His advice is find someone to repair it or get a replacement.

I'm sticking with standard at the moment in the hope that it will be the cheapest option as money is tight. Or I'm tight. Whichever!

So, has anyone got one lying around or is there something else I can try?

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Do you have the code for it? If so, then leaving the unit powered up for 60 minutes usually resets the safe mode, then input the code. If that fails then disconnect it overnight, reconnect in the morning and see if it asks for the code then, and input it if so.

If you don't have the code, is it written on the unit anywhere? If not then take a photo of your unit serial number and pop on to Ebay where there's usually someone who will get you the code from that.

@Rustynuts 

Thanks for the info. Is that leave it powered up with the ignition on?

I don't have the code and it's not printed on it anywhere but I know you can get them off eBay or other sites.

I'll try the disconnect when i get home in the morning.

Thanks again. 

Dan

@Rustynuts

I took the radio out this morning. I thought I'll have a look on evilBay for a code but all the ones I looked at say that they can't get codes for serial numbers starting with SKZ1Z7. My code starts with that! Does this mean I'll have to go back to the dealer? I see that you can do codes. Can you you mine? I'd rather pay you than some evilBayer.

Dan

Bit of a result. Disconnected yesterday morning and reconnected it this afternoon but still locked. Left it powered on for just over an hour after I reconnected it and it's no longer locked so I have just ordered a new code online.

Thanks again @Rustynuts

On 02/09/2018 at 16:03, Rustynuts said: