Who wants to swapvfor a MK3?!

Had a mk2 FL 1.8TSI estate (stage 1) and i loved it!

unfortunately someone arse-ended me at a set of lights and it was a write off...

Just bought a 2015 Hatchback 1.4TSI SE as its replacement as this was within my budget.

Well Ive got to say i prefer the MK2!! I honestly think the MK3 feels cheap inside, and its no where near as quick, I know my previous was mapped but its not a patch on it...

Just needed to get that off my chest!

Phill

Isn't the 1.4 tsi 140 bhp?  If it is then it's going to feel a lot slower than a remapped/stage 1 1.8 tsi.

Someone crashed in to my Oct 2 and I stepped into an Oct 3 and I wouldn't say it feels cheap other than the fact that the door cards could do with a bit more leather/fake leather as there is a lot of plastic on them...... and the glovebox is shockingly flimsy.

Sure the Oct 3 has its quirks but on the the whole, my preference is (by far) in favour of the MK3 (having owned 2 Oct 2's and a 3rd Oct 2 as a long term hire car)

Edited by ScoutCJB

Yeah true but the stock torque was meant to be the same. I've noticed a big difference in throttle modulation I found my MK2 to be very sensitive and responsive, I'm finding I'm having to work the throttle a lot more.

I gave the dash a good wipe yesterday and it's not so bad, I still prefer the MK2 cabin and I'm definitely site at having less equipment. I am impressed by the 5 star safety rating though and the steering feels good and light.

Edited by PhillipAshley

23 minutes ago, ScoutCJB said:

Sure the Oct 3 has its quirks but on the the whole, my preference is (by far) in favour of the MK3 (having owned 2 Oct 2's and a 3rd Oct 2 as a long term hire car)

Hmm, think I just need to get used to it, still pretty annoyed about the car being written off I suppose. Hope no one was injured in your incident

I had a mk1 octavia vrs then a mk2 octavia vrs ,i wasnt that impressed with the mk1 but i loved my mk2 & kept it for 6 years (which is a long time for me & cars) ,i tried a mk3 but wasnt impressed with the interior & didnt think it looked anything special in vrs form & i hate the new front end,so i bought a Golf R & ran that for a year & now have a 67 plate Golf gtd which im very impressed with.

22 minutes ago, mikey vrs said:

I had a mk1 octavia vrs then a mk2 octavia vrs ,i wasnt that impressed with the mk1 but i loved my mk2 & kept it for 6 years (which is a long time for me & cars) ,i tried a mk3 but wasnt impressed with the interior & didnt think it looked anything special in vrs form & i hate the new front end,so i bought a Golf R & ran that for a year & now have a 67 plate Golf gtd which im very impressed with.

On 30/08/2018 at 06:54, PhillipAshley said:

Had a mk2 FL 1.8TSI estate (stage 1) and i loved it!

unfortunately someone arse-ended me at a set of lights and it was a write off...

Just bought a 2015 Hatchback 1.4TSI SE as its replacement as this was within my budget.

Well Ive got to say i prefer the MK2!! I honestly think the MK3 feels cheap inside, and its no where near as quick, I know my previous was mapped but its not a patch on it...

Just needed to get that off my chest!

Phill

I too loved my 1.8 TSI Mk2 though mine was DSG, 7 speed of course matched to that engine.

Currently have a 1.4 TSI DSG, so 150 hp.   

1.8 TSI felt quicker even though same torque ie 250 Nm and it revved to 7k so hung on better.  It was never 160 hp more like 170/175 I reckon but Skoda did not want to say that as it would embarress the Wiesel VRS version.

1.4 TSI -150 hp could be tweaked to for another 10 or 20 % I would have thought but the suspension would need sorting first and our UK roads are so bad I am happy to stick with the 16 inch wheels and softer suspension.

1.4 TSI does about 20% more miles per gallon in the DSG forms compared to the 1.8 and that is nice though making the fuel tank smaller was daft I think.

Overall very pleased, should be able to get over 140 on the speedo giving enough space, the 1,8 TSI got to indicated 135 pretty quick, not quite as quick as the petrol VRS which still seemed to be accelerating at indicated 150 but not bad.  

Put the tail fin on both the 1.4 TSI 150hp and the 1.8 TSI, both were/are black pearl, which makes the rear look less plain.  Happy to come back to Skoda, current car registered before the road tax went up from £30 to £145 or whatever, happy days. 

Mark 3 is 100 kgs lighter than the Mark 2 so better power to weight and economy.  They are all pretty plastic, Skoda is a budget marque hence has to be fugly inside and out so people by Audi and VWs.   

Edited by lol-lol

2 hours ago, PhillipAshley said:

Yeah both mine are/were 7sd DSG, Really happy with the fuel consumption on both.

I deliberately went for the 16inch wheels for ride comfort also, may swap for bilsteins when I've got some money!

Did the stage one exceed the 250 nm torque by much?  I heard of some people putting almost 400 nm thru it.  There are maps which keep the torque to 300 nm of so and just use the higher rev ceiling to get to the 200 hp or so.

I need gripier tyres as oe eco michelins are not the highest of grip levels.

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

Did the stage one exceed the 250 nm torque by much?  I heard of some people putting almost 400 nm thru it.  There are maps which keep the torque to 300 nm of so and just use the higher rev ceiling to get to the 200 hp or so.

I need gripier tyres as oe eco michelins are not the highest of grip levels.

The map was from Shark, it was a claimed 300-320nm although I never had it on a rolling road.

I had Nokian Line on the front which I thought were decent grip, you still had t be careful though. 

Im not sure any tyres would keep the front from spinning when you plant your foot