DTUK pedal box install with DSG + KESSY?

Received the pedal box yesterday, started reading the installation and grew slightly concerned.....

Firstly, to fit the box I need the ignition off but when I unlock the car, everything is lit and ready to fire up.....Is this a safe 'off'?

Secondly, in order for the box to set it's values I need to press the pedal several times while ignition is on but car not running......I'm guessing that is the 'unlocked' stage above or do I fire up, stop the engine then pump the pedal a few times whilst the car is still active but the engine is no longer running?

I'm tempted to just unlock, pull the plugs, connect the box, push the pedal to synchronise then start the car up.....

Doing that though, I'll probably hear a loud electrical crack and have no dashboard or something stupid given how over computerized these modern cars are!

Anyone installed on a DSG with KESSY?

Ok, no takers.......

DTUK have recommend unlocking the car and letting it sit for a few minutes for everything to shut off then installing the pedal box, incase anyone needs to know in the future......

Haven't installed but when you unlock with Kessy that's just the same as unlocking with the button on the key. Yes some of the displays might be on but the ignition is still off.

Ignition stage is simply pressing the button to start without foot on the brake pedal - equivalent to turning the key once without Kessy.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, finally got around to installing this morning as the DSG throttle lag has been getting on my nerves more and more....

Anyhow, KESSY unlock as above is right, just unlock, open the door and after a very short time without getting into the car, the dash switches off.

Get on your knees, reach up the right side of the accelerator pedal, push the red clip upwards then use that exposed clip to squeeze and pull up the whole plug.

Open the right knee compartment, force the two connectors of the pedal box passed the right inner side of the compartment, reach in from behind and pull some slack to connect up.

After fitting I locked the car, unlocked it and found the 'box would only stay lit for a few seconds before shutting off so I started the car, let it run for a few seconds the switched it off.

This leaves the ignition on as you are still inside and then you hold the + and - buttons for the pedal set up.

After it learnt the pedal travel I got out, locked and unlocked (just for my own peace of mind), got in, started up, set to 'Sport' and +1 then went for a run around the block.

Yes, throttle response is many times better but found this setting a little too tight/quick/short for local 20/30mph with humps so set it to 'Sport' -1 when I got back home and will see how that is when I go out to work later.

I'll also see how it is on the blind roundabouts, you know the ones where you have to come to a complete stop (defeating the purpose of it being a roundabout) cos no one cuts the hedges back. Whilst it's clear, you go for the accelerator but then someone appears as you wait for the DSG to make absolutely sure you are ready to pull away (feels like 3 to 5 seconds) before it actually decides to start moving :wall:

It's only made slightly worse still if you forgot to switch the autostop off

4 hours ago, 245GT said:

I'll also see how it is on the blind roundabouts, you know the ones where you have to come to a complete stop (defeating the purpose of it being a roundabout) cos no one cuts the hedges back. Whilst it's clear, you go for the accelerator but then someone appears as you wait for the DSG to make absolutely sure you are ready to pull away (feels like 3 to 5 seconds) before it actually decides to start moving :wall:

That's probably why I bought the manual no wrong gear issues or delay between right foot and acceleration. DSG extra money for a problem that doesn't exist. At least you have launch control I suppose when you must win the Traffic Light Grand Prix.:blink:

29 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That's probably why I bought the manual no wrong gear issues or delay between right foot and acceleration. DSG extra money for a problem that doesn't exist. At least you have launch control I suppose when you must win the Traffic Light Grand Prix.:blink:

Agreed but at 42 with a long list of decent manual cars decided to take the plunge with a new DSG for a less stressful drive.

Thought I'd mellow as I aged but I find an increasing intolerance to morons whether it be a lack of lane discipline, not indicating before getting to a roundabout or too busy dicking around on there phone to be even 1/4 aware of anyone else around them!

Im actually surprised to find driving the 245 relaxing and enjoyable.

I almost look forward to going out again instead of frowning and muttering how long it'll be before I nail someone coming up the middle of the road as they don't know a sinlge parked car on their side means they should wait until my side is clear before just pulling out and expecting me to avoid them......

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 245GT said:

Agreed but at 42 with a long list of decent manual cars decided to take the plunge with a new DSG for a less stressful drive.

Thought I'd mellow as I aged but I find an increasing intolerance to morons whether it be a lack of lane discipline, not indicating before getting to a roundabout or too busy dicking around on there phone to be even 1/4 aware of anyone else around them!

Im actually surprised to find driving the 245 relaxing and enjoyable.

I almost look forward to going out again instead of frowning and muttering how long it'll be before I nail someone coming up the middle of the road as they don't know a sinlge parked car on their side means they should wait until my side is clear before just pulling out and expecting me to avoid them......

See all of that everyday but you forgot the MORON who is infront of you and comes to a complete stop because there is a car parked on your side of the road, but they will not overtake because there is a car coming the other way an there me an accident as they can't remember how wide there car is (SPATIAL AWARENESS ISSUES).:notme:

5 hours ago, 245GT said:

You're gonna love that Pedalbox although, I run mine in Sport+ & +3, with a little practise it's easy enough to use in even the heaviest of traffic

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

But apart from at a complete stop, the manual box is slower in every situation!!!