It's time to say goodbye

27 minutes ago, KjetilRos said:

No taxes like here. I am a lot in Leeds so quite known to the prices. The civic is a quick car. But a bit too much styling and spoilers. Impressive on the track when it is dry. Still only fwd. 

Tune a car here and the 5 year warranty is gone.

It has a good engine the Octavia VRS. Easy to tune and impressive driveability. Wish Skoda could put even more effort in to it and get awd and better suspension. Weird since Seat has the same as golf R. 

Next generation  octy VRS petrol probably will have awd. 

Yeah Skoda not allowed to step on the toes of Cupra SEAT's or Golf R. Wehave become the value brand, safe, practical and spacious.:)

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah Skoda not allowed to step on the toes of Cupra SEAT's or Golf R. Wehave become the value brand, safe, practical and spacious.:)

Well. Not cheap the prices here. A practical car, but need to step up a bit to keep up with the competition. 

The goverment here has said that no petrol or diesel powered cars can be sold new here after 2025. So hope a new Octavia with a good design comes out soon. 

My brother went for a new Tesla. 0-60 in 2,7 seconds. 

8 minutes ago, KjetilRos said:

Well. Not cheap the prices here. A practical car, but need to step up a bit to keep up with the competition. 

The goverment here has said that no petrol or diesel powered cars can be sold new here after 2025. So hope a new Octavia with a good design comes out soon. 

My brother went for a new Tesla. 0-60 in 2,7 seconds. 

Never had a Tesla overtake me either think they are worried about running out of elecric, like a Nissan Leaf or BMW i3.B)

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Never had a Tesla overtake me either think they are worried about running out of elecric, like a Nissan Leaf or BMW i3.B)

Seems like only Mr Lewis Hamilton or such can.

If you would have driven a Tesla S P100d you would be impressed by performance, tech and space inside. But it is in a different league price than budget brands like Ford and Skoda. The range is impressive. If you would like a car that really is fast look at the new Tesla roadster. wild. Too expensive for me on a sallary as a Magistrate and a teacher. 

12 minutes ago, KjetilRos said:

Seems like only Mr Lewis Hamilton or such can.

If you would have driven a Tesla S P100d you would be impressed by performance, tech and space inside. But it is in a different league price than budget brands like Ford and Skoda. The range is impressive. If you would like a car that really is fast look at the new Tesla roadster. wild. Too expensive for me on a sallary as a Magistrate and a teacher. 

I hate Magistrates!:devil:

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

Like Matt the OP, I too have said farewell to the VRS; unfortunately, due to WLTP, it was 3 months later than originally planned!  Again, like a number of other Briskoda members, I too have defected to another VAG brand, opting for a Leon Cupra ST (hint to Skoda - Octavia with 4WD and Petrol!).  500 miles in, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and hope that I do not miss the heated front screen and enormous boot too much.  Whilst I'm spending a lot more time on the  SeatCupra.net forum, I'll still be lurking on here from time to time.  Any how, thanks for all of your advice, and I hope that I was able to assist others just as much.

Welcome to the club ;)

• Like 1

Unless they get that lump in the vRS sadly I'm likely to switch brand next time as well. Group must be worried that a 4wd 300PS vRS would take too many sales from the other brands in the group.

Edited by Gti Jazz Blue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ahenners said:

That looks awesome @Black_Sheep! Found myself watching YouTube videos of the 300 4drive Cupra yesterday. Think I need one....

This is the video that sold me mine:

The test drive after sealed the deal. DO NOT test drive one of these if you are not willing to buy :)

• Like 1