driving modes, manual drive

"driving modes" and "cruise control" don't make sense in the same sentence!

can you not be "quick" and ask the question with a bit more context?

are you asking about driving modes on a car with a manual gearbox?

assuming you have DCC, DSG, ACC........

there are 5x driving modes, if you have DCC - eco, comfort, normal, sport, individual.

these alter setting for steering, engine, suspension, throttle, dynamic lights, ACC distance, airconditioning etc etc.

the image below shows my individual mode settings.

then the gearbox has 3 modes - drive, manual, sport.

these alter the gearbox settings in terms of gear shift points.

the active cruise control (ACC) has 3 settings - Close, Medium, Far

these alter how close the car travels in relation to the car in front of you.

IMAG1273.thumb.jpg.764447796a3f8b14563cffff032a2180.jpg

can you not be "quick" and ask the question with a bit more context?

are you asking about driving modes on a car with a manual gearbox?

Yes I am, the different driving modes on the manual gearbox are listed in the menu under ACC so i was wondering do the driving modes only change when ACC is active?? i find it strange that you could only change the driving mode for cruise control??

No, the driving modes are separate to ACC though the terminology is used interchangeably.  So for example, driving mode 'Sport' sharpens the throttle response (or just doesn't dull it), weights the steering a bit more and also has no regard for economy so you'll get the full on effect from the climate control system, etc etc.  Now Sport can also be referenced with regard to ACC  but it just means the distance is set to 'close', e.g with ACC enabled the gap between you and the car in front is reduced.  

I would use the Sport/Normal/Individual/Eco terminology exclusively for use with Driver Profiles and for ACC just think Close/Medium/Far/FFS, I could fit a tanker in there.   Don't forget you can use the lower, left hand ACC stalk to also set distances/gaps on-the-fly without having to navigate the infotainment menu. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by penguin17

Which model of Superb do you have?  What country are you in? 

The driving mode button near the gear lever may not be available in all trims/markets....possibly....

Edited by penguin17

Ok, going back to one of your earlier posts:

Did you spec it on your car? If not you won't have driving profiles and ACC = Sport will just mean 'Close'.  A bug really as driving profile/mode terminology shouldn't be present in the infotainment menus, if you don't have that functionality. 

EDIT:  I'm assuming 'sport' is mentioned with your ACC options, though you haven't specifically said it is or not.  

Edited by penguin17

No i didn't spec it maybe i should have!! in the options menu it lists Normal Eco Sport and Comfort but they are all under the heading of ACC when i get back to the car i can get a picture.

Edited by Chorea

ACC Sport/Normal/Eco modes don't change the following distance, only the braking rate as you approach a slower vehicle and acceleration when you resume ACC or pull out to overtake.

I guess Chorea only has the ACC mode setting in his SE so that only appears in the ACC menu.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, D402 said:

ACC Sport/Normal/Eco modes don't change the following distance, only the braking rate as you approach a slower vehicle and acceleration when you resume ACC or pull out to overtake.

Thanks for that.  Helpful.