What's this hole for?

Gyp

Search has failed me again...

Can someone tell me what possibly goes in the hole at the back of the jumbo box, and explain why there's an area at the rear of the front door pockets that's too small for me to get my hands in to retrieve whatever's in there?

IMG_20180908_104139.jpg

IMG_20180908_104206.jpg

The area at the rear of the pockets in the door is meant to house a high vis garment. Probably something like a reflective vest as the volume is not that big.

Capture.JPG.2abf2d497a058efe753b5d1cc734ff57.JPG

Capture2.thumb.PNG.b8d467ad4bba0a73182546bcab8ecf7f.PNG

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryMcK said:

Mine has a blanking plate covering the hole.

So does mine, but I thought it easier to ask what ought to be in the hole if the hole was visible (though clearly "a blanking plate" is a completely acceptable answer!)

1 hour ago, TerryMcK said:

The area at the rear of the pockets in the door is meant to house a high vis garment. Probably something like a reflective vest as the volume is not that big.

Capture.JPG.2abf2d497a058efe753b5d1cc734ff57.JPG

Capture2.thumb.PNG.b8d467ad4bba0a73182546bcab8ecf7f.PNG

OK, should have read the manual!

I'll move my vests from the pockets behind the seats next time I'm out :-)

PSA: if you happen to be missing the high viz jackets from the front door pockets, don't put your phone in there - it will slide in and will be almost impossible to get out!

11 hours ago, hop said:

PSA: if you happen to be missing the high viz jackets from the front door pockets, don't put your phone in there - it will slide in and will be almost impossible to get out!

It was the impossibility of item extraction that drew my attention in the first place.

Fear not, my pockets are now stuffed with high viz jackets, though frustratingly, they are of a size that they protrude into the main pocket meaning there's a visible flash of yellow in every door.

I didn't have this problem when they were in the pockets in the backs of the seats

11 hours ago, hop said:

It was the impossibility of item extraction that drew my attention in the first place.

Fear not, my pockets are now stuffed with high viz jackets, though frustratingly, they are of a size that they protrude into the main pocket meaning there's a visible flash of yellow in every door.

I didn't have this problem when they were in the pockets in the backs of the seats