Retrofitting Electric Folding Mirrors

31 minutes ago, brettikivi said:

ha, all bets are off as it's the model year change and 2017 isn't in the 7zap catalogue. I'd go to a friendly dealer... there will very likely be a revision as it's facelift....

- Bret

Is this more up to date? https://www.realoem.me/Skoda/CZ/OCT/2017/753/R/8/857/857040

5 minutes ago, aki78 said:

Thank you for this. If my Car is registered May 2017 then is it a MY18 car?

And looking at those part numbers i'm assuming the latest revision ending AM is the one that is more likely to work? 

I have found a pair of AK's, are these likely to work? They are from a 2014 Octavia it looks like

Thanks again

• 2 years later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread but I'm looking to do this retrofit on my mk3 and have a line on the hardware components from a wrecker. Can anyone give some guidance on the coding requirements to make it all work? 

• 2 years later...
On 12/10/2020 at 11:12, robmc87 said:

Apologies for reviving an old thread but I'm looking to do this retrofit on my mk3 and have a line on the hardware components from a wrecker. Can anyone give some guidance on the coding requirements to make it all work? 

Yet another thread resurrection after another two years!

Any news on this, has anyone done it and can give some hints, tips, parts list please. Mine is a new to me 2018 vRS Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TDI 184 PS DSG - thanks.

This switch seems to be a straight drop in for the one with out the folding folding icon.

This mirror also seems to suit (available for LH and RH sides).

On a 2018 vRS Estate, can one assume just retrofitting these to the existing fittings and looms and recoding with ODB11 or VCDS would enable folding in/out via the switch, folding in on lock and out on unlock...? I'd probably also swap the mirror covers with the current ones to retain colour matching. For approx. £225.00, seems like a worthwhile project.

Does anyone know...?

Also, does anyone have OBD11 or VCDS near EN5 please?

Thank you 👍