Brake light switch/sensor

GabrielLF

Is not my friend I've got the whole where the sensor goes on the top frame of the pedal but no sensor at all or cables from the accelerator or anything.. -_- I've look on the workshop manuals but is not there it's weird :crying:

Yes, that seems to be where that switch has moved to and is a Hall effect device, seems to be a few failing in 6J Ibiza and 6R Polo with not much in the way of what exactly needed replacing!  Might end up being a wiring issue, maybe even the usual site on the side rail where a bolt intrudes into the cable form slightly!

Having a late 2009 Ibiza and my wife's August 2015 Polo to look after I am intensely interested in what can cause these issues having come from a 2002 9N Polo that "consumed" the original, then the upgraded violet version of the pedal brake switch, you know the idea, it is probably not if but when it strikes!