Interiors lights question

Apologies first as I only have the Mk3 2 days and I'm already starting the stupid questions (with many more to come). I have looked through the manual and can't find any reference to this or any settings on the maxidot/ car menu.

Can the 2 little lights between the reading lights above the rear view mirror be turned off? I took the car out last night and these little lights stayed on the whole time illuminating the gear stick knob for some reason.

I was alerted to their presence by an earlier post. I had to look for them as I did not notice this lighting. It may be that their brighness can be turned down with the panel lighting.

1 hour ago, gregoir said:

I was alerted to their presence by an earlier post. I had to look for them as I did not notice this lighting. It may be that their brighness can be turned down with the panel lighting.

Will give it a go gregoir. Also noticed what looks like 3 rearward facing lights of same size under the sunglasses holder. These didn't come on when the otbers did. Maybe they're just sensors for the alarm.

52 minutes ago, ords said:

Could one of them be the microphone for the phone?

I don't think so unless things have changed on the O3.  The mike is usually behind one of the downward facing grilles. :thumbup:

Hopefully I'm not just spouting rubbish as I didn't think things had changed from the O2. :blush

20 hours ago, john999boy said:

I don't think so unless things have changed on the O3.  The mike is usually behind one of the downward facing grilles. :thumbup:

Hopefully I'm not just spouting rubbish as I didn't think things had changed from the O2. :blush

I'll have to have a look

Well, as I said before, I did not notice they were there until I looked. No glare obviously, for me, don't know if that is related to my panel lighting levels or my seating position.

On 17/09/2018 at 14:56, cmcm789 said:

Will give it a go gregoir. Also noticed what looks like 3 rearward facing lights of same size under the sunglasses holder. These didn't come on when the otbers did. Maybe they're just sensors for the alarm.

Gregoir i checked tonight, and the brightness does dim along with the dashboard illumination. Set mine down around 50% for now. Will see how it goes.

• Thanks 1