Some Kodiaqs showing as tested!

Ratboy79

Hard to tell. From the first of the two 'Kodiaq' entries you could be forgiven for assuming all iterations of the 2.0 TDI are approved and free to build / ship.

Unfortunately the second entry makes reference to a specific trim (Scout), which might lead you to think that until more entries appear that only the Scout has passed.

It's anyone's guess. 

12 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Hard to tell. From the first of the two 'Kodiaq' entries you could be forgiven for assuming all iterations of the 2.0 TDI are approved and free to build / ship.

Unfortunately the second entry makes reference to a specific trim (Scout), which might lead you to think that until more entries appear that only the Scout has passed.

It's anyone's guess. 

Yeah that's what threw me although surely that's the exact same engine and there couldn't be much if any in dimension difference 

Edited by Gustychelsea

16 minutes ago, Gustychelsea said:

Yeah that's what threw me although surely that's the exact same engine and there couldn't be much if any in dimension difference 

It's to do with the trim. Scout rides higher so drag will be different 

• Like 2

The exact point, they need tested in the different configurations, wheel / tyre size, leather or cloth, drivetrains etc.

Hence less choices and their need to get a move on, their results have to be able to be replicated if a vehicle is retested say as it enters other countries.

Less of the Kidology.

Still nothing stopping owners / drivers once they get them fitting different wheels / tyres, roof bars, boxes, bike racks, caravans or trailers, 

filling all the seats with people and filling the boot.

15 minutes ago, rykard said:

My ex dealer said they were being told to fit accessories at the dealership after the car had been registered 

Same in my case, our Kodiaq TSI will come without mud flaps but they will be fitted before delivery. 

1 hour ago, Offski said:

Is that an ex drug dealers. Or is this a Main Dealership, which one?

Dealer fit options fitted at the PDI in many cases that is pre 'First Registration'.  

it was a main dealer, we cancelled our order on Monday as the build date and delivery date kept moving. Build date/ delivery date was week 2/19 'all being well' this was from the original date of end of September. 

• Confused 1

Seen this on a different forum...

I've now learnt that the WLTP test has to be done on every model engine/gearbox combo with every "significant weight" option combo.

Hoping they are sensible when it comes to "significant weight" otherwise it could be a long old haul

I bet my left testicle that the people who have ordered diesels will get them pretty soon, but us who have ordered petrol will be waiting quite some time. That was the implied message from the manager of the official Skoda dealer said in a meeting a couple of weeks ago.

Here in The Netherlands people who have a Kodiaq on order have been called by their dealer to drop windscreen heating and steering wheel heating, because these 2 options have a negative impact on WLTP testing/results. Keeping the options may result in another 3-6 months delay. In the meantime my car is already build (2 weeks ago) and also waiting on WLTP testing/results (1.5TSI DSG7).

3 hours ago, BramBam said:

Here in The Netherlands people who have a Kodiaq on order have been called by their dealer to drop windscreen heating and steering wheel heating, because these 2 options have a negative impact on WLTP testing/results. Keeping the options may result in another 3-6 months delay. In the meantime my car is already build (2 weeks ago) and also waiting on WLTP testing/results (1.5TSI DSG7).

wow, that is unbelievable. we had both of those on our order. Hearing this glad we cancelled on Monday, just having the fun of looking for an alternative...

On 29/09/2018 at 08:31, rykard said:

wow, that is unbelievable. 

Not really.  The tests are all about what the car emits.  A car with heated screen and wheel is likely to have them turned on sometimes, and the charging system will be working harder to keep up.  The target emission levels are now so low that those extra watts WILL make a difference and MAY take things over the limit - hence the need to test.

9 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

Not really.  The tests are all about what the car emits.  A car with heated screen and wheel is likely to have them turned on sometimes, and the charging system will be working harder to keep up.  The target emission levels are now so low that those extra watts WILL make a difference and MAY take things over the limit - hence the need to test.

Was meaning there are really it the toilet if they have got to that point.