Anyone recommend good breakdown cover, now my Skoda assist and warranty has expired ?

studmuffin

On 26/09/2018 at 12:26, io1901 said:

I thought the Skoda renewal for the breakdown (Skoda Assist)was reasonable when I renewed it last year at £89 or £99 depending on the payment method. Not as cheap as the BMW at £70 though.

Well this is what i have chosen to do !

Taken out  2 year continuous cover, which cost £145, which is a saving of just over a £100 or 10 months free if i had taken it directly with the AA !

I nearly went with autoaid, but past experience, i thought i would give it a miss....autoaid still good value but i don't think the local garages In the Hinckley and Coventry area are that good...

On 27/09/2018 at 15:02, Wet Kipper said:

we get ours through the bank account (Nationwide Flex) and the times we've needed it they've put us in touch with a very helpful and quick local Independent 

Seconded,

Nationwide Flexplus £13/month but you get back over £6/month interest if you keep £2500 in the account - NB Joint account - for me that means effective cost £7 month.

For this I get:-

European wide breakdown/recovery cover for a car each owned by us - any driver and covers older cars even in Europe. Our son tested this when he had to borrow a car Christmas eve to fulfil a work shift where he was a Uni student and left the lights on - had him on his way within 30mins

Breakdown cover for us in any car

Worldwide travel insurance (managing to cover us even though the big C was a pre-existing condition from a few years ago)

Mobile phone insurance for both of us (and the phones of any children)

Debit card that's free for cashpoint withdrawals abroad (no cash fee or exchange rate float fee - ie the business exchange rate of the day) - this alone saves me over £40/year! 

This works well for Mr & Mrs bigjohn 

Edited by bigjohn

Nationwide Is Britannia Rescue. I’ve been with them on and off for over 20 years as have family.

The only time I was off was when I had a newer car with Skoda assist.

i’ve had nothing bad to say about them to be honest and like for like cover is much cheaper.