Blower fan stops and starts

ramz

Hello can anyone assist me. My heater/blower fan is working for a few minutes then makes a whining sound, slows down and stops altogether for say 5 minutes then restarts, also sometimes I hear a clicking noise from near the glovebox, could it be the relay at fault or resistor, any help in locating these and testing them much appreciated 

just looked into this for a friend with the same problem, it was the brushes worn down it is easy to remove the fan unit and check them through the hole in the bottom of the fan, however they do look to be non replaceable so new motor.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do either of you have a guide how to remove the Heater Motor ... i have removed the glovebox and i can see what i think is a cover that needs removing to get to the motor but i can only find one of the screws to remove this cover ( still seems to be fixed somewhere on the right hand side ) ... any help would be much appreciated

• 3 years later...

Hi there did you get this problem sorted? I’ve got a similar issue on my 14 plate Octavia vrs driving along the other day and all of a sudden the fans stop working so turned off and on again and they started again,

then it’s just happened again tonight accompanied with a deep whiring kind of noise coming from somewhere near the bulkhead in the engine, when it works the ac is still ok and the fans alter there speed,

im thinking it is the heater blower motor or could it be something else?

any quick way of identifying this issue would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

Neil