Non Skoda Service???

AvRS

Hi,

Is there any disadvantages of getting my car serviced at somewhere other than a skoda dealership. The only reason I'm asking is because I'm getting a blueflame exhaust fitted possibly Wednesday by APS and it would be easier for me to get it done by them as I've taken the day off work and won't have a chance to take it in to Skoda till at least the end of April.

Cheers

So long as the service is carried out using genuine parts by a VAT registered garage, this shouldn't affect your warranty.

A Skoda dealer will have the diagnostic equipment, which not a lot independent places do. Other than that, there's probably not a lot in it...

Rob.

So long as they use Skoda OEM parts, are VAT registered and follow the service schedule there should be no problems. The only disadvantage I can think of is if they didn't have a VAG-COM to do a fault check, but I suspect most garages do these days!

Chris

Hi Mate

I think you will find that you do not need to use OEM parts now for the service either.

Just VAT registered and use good parts.

Just out of interest how do you know if a part is "good" - is it done on brands or specs?

Chris

Roughly half price I'd guess, without knowing the figures, but based on the difference in price I had between JBS & the dealer in Newbury that's what it worked out at for the equivalent service.

Don't mind paying a little more for the convenience factor etc though, plus to some extent the extra expertise in certain dealerships (but deffo not all unfortunately) is worth a little extra.

Will see how it works out :)

Hi again, sorry Ross I would've brought it in to you but I'm low on funds and time so it makes it easier to get it done at APS. What's the average price of a 20k service done by skoda just out of curiosity as I've had a quote of £87.50 + VAT from APS parts and labour included which seems pretty good.

Cheers